iOS 8.x Jailbreak Status

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by Mickey330, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Wokiebear

Wokiebear
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Hey, b00bie, do a search -- I did NOT say iKeywi tweak. I said iKeywi 3 -- NOT iKeywi or iKeywi 2 or iKeywi HD for iPad. I said iKeywi 3. However, I put it on my iPhone 6+ and iPad Air 2. I just now had a thought and tried to put it on my iPad Air, and it would not install there, giving me the message you got. I haven't tried it on my iPhone 5...maybe get the same message there. So you are right -- and so am I.

2. Wokiebear

Wokiebear
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    My apologies b00bie, I didn't put iKeywi 3 on the iPad...I had installed iKeywi HD, and it works with 8.1.2. Mea culpa.

3. b00bie

b00bie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    No apology necessary, it's all good fun around here. Looking forward to an update for my device (probably iKeywi HD for iPad) can't wait

4. willerz2

willerz2
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    iOS 8.1.3 has been released (7.0.3 for AppleTV). This update patches the TaiG and PP exploits for the iOS 8.0 - 8.1.2 jailbreak. Users should install OpenSSH and Apple Conduit File 2 if they haven't already to troubleshoot issues on currently jailbroken devices so not to be forced to the latest unjailbreakable firmware.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, willerz2. I've updated the first post.

6. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Updated the first post to say that Apple has closed the signing window for iOS 8.1.2.

The only firmware that can now be installed (on a device that supports iOS 8.x) is iOS 8.1.3.

Just be careful with those jailbreaks, people. iOS 8.1.3 does not have a jailbreak tool at this time.

Marilyn

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. b00bie

b00bie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Good morning
    TaiG has released a JB for 8.1-8.3 but since no one bothered to tell Saurik, Cydia Substrate is not yet working. So it may be a short while before this will be ready for the rest of us. There is a lot of speculation whether this will work with 8.4 (which is due any day now). Those of you with a watch should be happy and we'll see about Apple Music shorty.

#117 b00bie, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  8. Zergslayer69

Zergslayer69
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    If you're on 8.1.2 already is there any reason to update to the 8.3 jailbreak? I read that you can no longer browse the folders in the device via ifunbox so that would remove the ability to put games in it for emulators among other reasons.

9. b00bie

b00bie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Since I am just a rumor monger and not much of an expert, I imagine one of the main reasons to update would be to allow access to the Apple watch (and I believe there were a few security updates). I do not use any emulators nor have I tried ifunbox so you will have to wait for someone who is more familiar with those things to jump in.

10. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Currently, Cydia substrate and MS tweaks are not yet running. It might be better holding off on attempting to jailbreak until a fully functional jailbreak is ready.

A lot of people are having problems getting the jailbreak to download, let alone work.

#120 scifan57, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2015