What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hay Day Discussion and Game Help Thread (NO FRIEND REQUESTS)

vanityca5e

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey does anyone know if there is a limit to how many times trees can be revived? I had friends revive my apple trees once, but now that they've died again I don't even have the option to ask friends to help anymore, just an option to chop it down which I find to be absurd. If there's a limit and we would eventually have to keep rebuying our trees, I really don't even to see the point to even buy them to begin with. Any help will be appreciated.

Holidae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
vanityca5e said:
Hey does anyone know if there is a limit to how many times trees can be revived? I had friends revive my apple trees once, but now that they've died again I don't even have the option to ask friends to help anymore, just an option to chop it down which I find to be absurd. If there's a limit and we would eventually have to keep rebuying our trees, I really don't even to see the point to even buy them to begin with. Any help will be appreciated.

Someone posted that information above in this thread. After being revived they are good for one more harvest.

mezzy175

iPF Noob
Reaction score
neeshu said:
Thanks for the quick reply - but my problem is that, even if I want to sell just ONE egg, I can only ask a maximum of $15. What if I want to sell an egg for $20? Or $50? What can't I increase my asking price above $15?
Thank again!

Everything has a max price per unit, and for eggs it is now $15. I do think that any farmers that are asking more had listed them prior to the update and that's what you've seen. They may have reduced the price of eggs to discourage ppl from only listing eggs, waiting for Greg to buy them. I've noticed there aren't as many stalls with only eggs for sale now which is less frustrating for buyers.

mezzy175

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1million said:
The Dock is more profitable because you get money and experience for the items their requesting PLUS if you don't fill the entire order you still get the money and XP for what you did give them. If you do fill the order completely which isn't hard you get bonus XP.

With the Mine you have mine the ore then build the Smelter to melt the ore into bars and the Smelter only comes with one slot to start and the bars take a long time to make. The Smelter costs $22,000 to build. The ore isn't as profitable as the bar form.

So in other words you get a faster turn a round with the Dock.

Agree, dock is more interesting. I feel quite ripped off with the mine and the smelter; the smelter is so slow and I don't believe the rewards offered on the pin board or open market are worth the time it takes to make the metal bars.

silpakrishna9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I have been playing this from sometime and on level 17. Even at level 17 i am not able to gather many coins. They heap up until 3000 or so and i end up buying buildings which will take my coin balance back to 300-400. At higher levels as you people say the docks will cost thousands of coins, how do you manage to maintain so many coins? Am i missing something which helps save coins? Please advice.

Xiennora

iPF Noob
Reaction score
silpakrishna9 said:
Hello, I have been playing this from sometime and on level 17. Even at level 17 i am not able to gather many coins. They heap up until 3000 or so and i end up buying buildings which will take my coin balance back to 300-400. At higher levels as you people say the docks will cost thousands of coins, how do you manage to maintain so many coins? Am i missing something which helps save coins? Please advice.

Yeah I started having issues with saving up for money at first so here is my strategy: sell every silo/barn production tool you find at the highest price and try to re-sell tools you've bought from others in your own barn(this helps you finish the roadside achievement as well) Also, as I'm waiting for things to be produced, I either browse through my friend's barns to find open mystery boxes or randomly pick an ad from the newspaper to go to.

You will be surprised to see how many boxes open up when you keep going >.<

Hope that helps you like it did for me:\

mezzy175

iPF Noob
Reaction score
silpakrishna9 said:

I've found some earlier advice offered on this forum has been extremely helpful for saving money; be ruthless with neighbours and the pin board. If you can get a better price by selling at your stall, delete the order, say 'no thanks' to your neighbours, list your item at its highest price and always advertise when it's free. I am so surprised with how the pin board soon fills up with orders you can fill quickly of easily acquired items rather than leaving an order there for hours (as you wait for a sweater to be sewn!)

I must admit I have no hard evidence to prove this but I've found once I open one box on a farm and it contains something, a few after that also contain the same kinds of items. For instance I got x5 diamonds three times in a row, then once I got nails every box I opened thereafter (about 3 or 4) contained building materials (which I of course sold).

mezzy175

iPF Noob
Reaction score
silpakrishna9 said:

Something else I just thought of; only follow farms where items are regularly listed, if I notice that a stall is empty every time I visit (over a reasonable period of time) I get rid of them so I can follow a more active user. You will fill orders faster if you're following farms that sell a lot of items regularly.

Feyaya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice about the mine/dock!
Has anyone noticed the "glitch" with the mystery boxes? A few times I've collected so many items that it exceeds my barn limit. Not that I'm complaining, lol...just wondering if anyone else has encountered this. Btw, I think ever since the update, you find a lot more more items that were before harder to find, like planks and screws.

Feyaya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Something else I just thought of; only follow farms where items are regularly listed, if I notice that a stall is empty every time I visit (over a reasonable period of time) I get rid of them so I can follow a more active user. You will fill orders faster if you're following farms that sell a lot of items regularly.

That's a good tip. Also, sometimes you may get lucky and come across farmers who sell things at a really good deal. For instance, with the raspberries....someone was sellinig them for pretty cheap so I just racked them up for a bit. Then soon after that, one of the town folk came by and bought some for about 1200 coins.

Xiennora

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mezzy175 said:
I've found some earlier advice offered on this forum has been extremely helpful for saving money; be ruthless with neighbours and the pin board. If you can get a better price by selling at your stall, delete the order, say 'no thanks' to your neighbours, list your item at its highest price and always advertise when it's free. I am so surprised with how the pin board soon fills up with orders you can fill quickly of easily acquired items rather than leaving an order there for hours (as you wait for a sweater to be sewn!)

I must admit I have no hard evidence to prove this but I've found once I open one box on a farm and it contains something, a few after that also contain the same kinds of items. For instance I got x5 diamonds three times in a row, then once I got nails every box I opened thereafter (about 3 or 4) contained building materials (which I of course sold).

Same!! Yesterday I got 90 saws in a row when I was opening boxes!! It was so weird, but thanks to this i was able to afford to repair that expensive dock >.< And I also learned something new, if you get an item from a mystery box while your barn is already full, it goes over the limit just so you can keep it I even took a pic for proof since I couldn't believe it lol.

Attachments

• image-4086388703.jpg
    image-4086388703.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 52,457

Xiennora

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Feyaya said:
Thanks for the advice about the mine/dock!
Has anyone noticed the "glitch" with the mystery boxes? A few times I've collected so many items that it exceeds my barn limit. Not that I'm complaining, lol...just wondering if anyone else has encountered this. Btw, I think ever since the update, you find a lot more more items that were before harder to find, like planks and screws.

Lol yeah I did, it's awesome :D I hope the developers don't notice for a while >.<

mezzy175

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Feyaya said:
That's a good tip. Also, sometimes you may get lucky and come across farmers who sell things at a really good deal. For instance, with the raspberries....someone was sellinig them for pretty cheap so I just racked them up for a bit. Then soon after that, one of the town folk came by and bought some for about 1200 coins.

I try to sell common items really cheap to free up barn/silo storage and I figure it will help someone else, especially if I'm not actively saving for something big.

Most reactions

Latest posts