What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Food anyone?

Reaction score
The only thing I am good at cooking is chicken. :D

The chicken gets sliced into small pieces, than flooded with white wine, by the time the wine condenses the chicken is usually ready to eat. ;)
And the sauce ends up being a mix of chicken stock, peanut butter and soy sauce.

Na, I don't belong in a kitchen, I have no creativity, nor patience for that. :D

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bangers and mash and curried baked beans with onion!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
The only thing I am good at cooking is chicken. :D

The chicken gets sliced into small pieces, than flooded with white wine and the sauce ends up being a mix of chicken stock, peanut butter and soy sauce.

Na, I don't belong in a kitchen, I have no creativity, nor patience for that. :D

Sounds absolutely delicious though, the guy is modest, me thinks. Hubby loves chicken - KFC especially!

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When preparing italian dishes like spagetti bolonese, i have found out through trial and error that it is better to buy the ingrdients from quality shops like marks and sparks and waitrose, the price is higher and so is the quality. The tagliatti noodle, the pesto, mince meat, the high grade sause, cheese all makes for a better taste. Another weakness i have, and trying to cut down is marks and sparks lemon and garlic chicken kievs, OMG,

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good karma said:
When preparing italian dishes like spagetti bolonese, i have found out through trial and error that it is better to buy the ingrdients from quality shops like marks and sparks and waitrose, the price is higher and so is the quality. The tagliatti noodle, the pesto, mince meat, the high grade sause, cheese all makes for a better taste. Another weakness i have, and trying to cut down is marks and sparks lemon and garlic chicken kievs, OMG,

Yum, and red wine in spaghetti bolognese ( cant stop laughing, my autocorrect has just come up with suggestion of gooey ewe for bolognese). Come to that red and White wine in everything!!!

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh, yes, cheese, you may have noticed our cheese fascination on here!

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unfortunately, my kids add tomato sauce to their spaghetti Bol.

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, your right but they don't get that, kids hey!

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Yes, your right but they don't get that, kids hey!

Hayles, i have tried this and people loved it, even surprised by it. Basically when you do the mince meat and bolonaise sauce mix, instead of tomato sauce, use high quality Korma sause from marks and sparks, 1 jar of 12 spice sause is £1.89. Now korma sauce is usually with chicken, but i found out it works great with mince meat also. Never had any complaints yet. Just add some ginger and 1 chopped garlic (not too much, bad breath ) and see hiw it goes

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good karma said:
Hayles, i have tried this and people loved it, even surprised by it. Basically when you do the mince meat and bolonaise sauce mix, instead of tomato sauce, use high quality Korma sause from marks and sparks, 1 jar of 12 spice sause is £1.89. Now korma sauce is usually with chicken, but i found out it works great with mince meat also. Never had any complaints yet. Just add some ginger and 1 chopped garlic (not too much, bad breath ) and see hiw it goes

Bad breath but good for you, and make sure the partner has it as well, hey! Great idea, I love variety - variety is the spice of life they say, hey!

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As for take away food, I love Italian subways with salami, honey mustard and salad, absolutely died and gone to heaven for those!

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love subway too, the meatball marianna is my fav but i like all the subs :D

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good karma said:
I love subway too, the meatball marianna is my fav but i like all the subs :D

Join the fan club! I must admit after all those programs on chicken and eggs with Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall and Jamie Oliver, I kind of went off of takeaways. So subway was the way we went and being chicken owners, we were a bit shocked at the intensive farming going on, a bit naive but we can be blinkered sometimes, can't we.

Most reactions

Latest posts