What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Food anyone?

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the ones that like to experiment, I suggest that you try a little dill relish to the yolk mix. You might also try a little dry BBQ seasoning instead of salt and pepper. I like Head Country, a local favorite.

And have you ever made country fried taters? Boil a few potatoes until they just start to get soft. Should still be firm. Quarter and slice the potatoes (1/8th inch or so), and fry in oil. For about four medium potatoes, add about 1/2 or a full medium onion about half way into cooking the potatoes. I like it in 1/4 inch by 2 inch slices. Cook until the onions are lightly grilled and the potatoes are getting crispy in places. Turn often, drain well. In the past, this was a way to take leftover potatoes and make another meal. Hint: do not peel the potatoes, just take out bad spots and clean the skins. Adds a nice flavor.

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Seadog said:
For the ones that like to experiment, I suggest that you try a little dill relish to the yolk mix. You might also try a little dry BBQ seasoning instead of salt and pepper. I like Head Country, a local favorite.

And have you ever made country fried taters? Boil a few potatoes until they just start to get soft. Should still be firm. Quarter and slice the potatoes (1/8th inch or so), and fry in oil. For about four medium potatoes, add about 1/2 or a full medium onion about half way into cooking the potatoes. I like it in 1/4 inch by 2 inch slices. Cook until the onions are lightly grilled and the potatoes are getting crispy in places. Turn often, drain well. In the past, this was a way to take leftover potatoes and make another meal. Hint: do not peel the potatoes, just take out bad spots and clean the skins. Adds a nice flavor.

Ohh, yum, thank you Seadog, I will definitely try those.

Sweet P, what has Raja done now? No, I will not eat your dog ever, it's bad enough the Europeans eat horse. God, I'd heave if someone gave me a horse steak! Eww!

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would love to eat a roasted pig right now! lol we call it "lechon" here. Usually, stuff with lemon grass, bay leaf, pepper corn, onions, garlic, bellpeppers with a native wine. Yummmy! im getting hungry just describing it!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Ohh, yum, thank you Seadog, I will definitely try those.

Sweet P, what has Raja done now? No, I will not eat your dog ever, it's bad enough the Europeans eat horse. God, I'd heave if someone gave me a horse steak! Eww!

Horse steak......I had that by accident whilst in France, admittedly not as nice as beef but nice all the same.

The Archangel

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So many Brits in this thread so where is the bubble & squeak (personal favourite), pie & mash (don't forget the liquor, another personal favourite) and the jellied eels (so long ago I can't remember if this was a personal favourite!).

The Archangel

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
I think I've gone off you now Gab

Hey, I didn't know that I was eating Shergar! Then again, isn't a horse just an athletic cow (remember that I'm a city boy)?

The Archangel

Loraco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'LL be making some cornish game hens on the grill tonight with roasted red taters and some delish green beans that I lighty saute with bacon onions and garlic with a sash of lemon

Loraco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Loraco said:
I'LL be making some cornish game hens on the grill tonight with roasted red taters and some delish green beans that I lighty saute with bacon onions and garlic with a sash of lemon

Oh boy the p is gone it's not working on my key board I keep having to turn of the Bluetooth

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of my favourite eating places near my house is the carribean restaurant called brown eagle in wood green north london, 5 minute walk from the wood green tube station. The curry goat is excellent and the fish dishes is simply mouthwatering. At home i just make mundane food like beefn or chicken stir fry using decent sause from marks and spencer, Spagetti bolonaise etc. On weekend i try to go to Ace Cafe in london, thier full english brekky is very hearty

Hayless66, this is an excellent topic you started, thanks for doing, sounds like a place for great recipe and ideas :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

Kieranbowley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.XBLN.net
Would just like to say that my chilli that has been cooking since 4pm this afternoon was just amazing :D

The Mrs said the best ever.

Recipe:

Mince
Kidney beans
Baked beans
Tomatoes

And all sorts if different chilli's, chilli sauce, chilli powder and anything else you want to throw in.

It would take me forever to list them all!!! lol

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow! You guys are having lovely ideas, hate horse, love spaghetti Bol, my bruv used to make a dish called peri peri prawns, absolutely delicious!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jellied eels, yuk, bubble and squeak, yum, fry up, occasionally, meat loaf, yum, I love English food, especially roast beef and potatoes.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts