What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Food anyone?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seadog said:
I love good foods, but only have time for fast food. Worse, I am married to a woman that makes great candies and cakes, but I am diabetic, so that is a no go. Other than sugar laden treats, her cooking is just hamburgers, salmon patties, and macroni and cheese. She would live on 'senior' meals that she gets from a local church, if she could. (they are just inexpensive generic TV dinners that you buy in boxes of ten) Meanwhile, I am a meat and potatoes type person. For every TV dinner she has, I have a beef or pork cut in the freezer. I go through the meat section at Walmart and get the aged cuts for 30% off. So for less than $8, I can have a T-bone, Porterhouse, or sirloin for supper.

And I like to experiment with new recipes. My latest is some attempts at a quick and easy chicken noodle soup with carrots and celery. My deviled eggs and cheese ball are always in big demand at gatherings. The big problem is that it is hard to cook most items when I am the only one to eat it. I would prefer to eat out more frequently, but there are those dang TV dinners she is content with.

What is a cheese ball? I love cheese and I've been to the occasional ball so...........

The Archangel

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's like the old question, what came first the chicken or the egg? Well on my plate it's the egg, every time!

The Archangel

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
What is a cheese ball? I love cheese and I've been to the occasional ball so...........

The Archangel

It's sort of an, eat all the cheese you can, sort of ball dressed as you guessed it, a cheese of your choice!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
It's sort of an, eat all the cheese you can, sort of ball dressed as you guessed it, a cheese of your choice!

Sounds like my fridge except it's not dressed as a cheese?

The Archangel

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Sounds like my fridge except it's not dressed as a cheese?

The Archangel

Pity, let me guess, it's one of those huge silver double door ones with iced water on the outside.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Pity, let me guess, it's one of those huge silver double door ones with iced water on the outside.

No it's one of those little ones with me on the outside!

The Archangel

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
No it's one of those little ones with me on the outside!

The Archangel

Awww! A little angel one, you mean. Sweet. I've got a little one too but not with me on it. My kitchen has enough c..p in it so we have it in our laundry cupboard(long story).

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Are you sure it isn't one of those with you on the inside?

Ha ha. Good comeback! I wish I was that quick.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you sure it isn't one of those with you on the inside?

Hmm, I thought is was a bit cold and cramped in here........and where is that damned light switch!

The Archangel

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Hmm, I thought is was a bit cold and cramped in here........and where is that damned light switch!

The Archangel

Gosh are that hungry that you have to stay in there or have you not the ability to get out again, yes, result. Make sure that you send us a pickie please.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Gosh are that hungry that you have to stay in there or have you not the ability to get out again, yes, result. Make sure that you send us a pickie please.

Can't do that, I only have an iPad 1!

The Archangel

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Post deletion in process :(

Why? It's my thread, don't you dare! Where is your food suggestion anyway? You can't go until you reply please.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Deviled eggs. I usually do a dozen at a time, but any number works. Use a fork to mash the cooked yolks. Add equal parts Miracle Whip, sandwich spread, and mustard until the mixture is barely moist add salt, pepper, and mustard to taste. Do not get the mix too wet. Spoon into the white egg halves and dust with paprika. For the brave, a dash of hot sauce to the mix does give it bite.

Cheese Ball: Let 8oz of cream cheese soften (can be done in microwave). Chop in small pieces, one can of Hormel dried beef slices, and one bunch of green onions. Mix together. It will be stiff to mix. Once mixed, line a small bowl with Saran wrap and press the mix into the bowl, getting the voids out and then seal with the Saran wrap. Let set for at least one day, then serve with ritz crackers. It can be made without the beef for veggies. The bowl will give shape to the bowl, and you can use molds if you are careful with the wrap.

Most reactions

Latest posts