What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Food anyone?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Yum, and red wine in spaghetti bolognese ( cant stop laughing, my autocorrect has just come up with suggestion of gooey ewe for bolognese). Come to that red and White wine in everything!!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Gooey ewe, now I wouldn't have picked you up on that as it sounds like it belongs in a thread about food!

The Archangel

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Gooey ewe, now I wouldn't have picked you up on that as it sounds like it belongs in a thread about food!

The Archangel

Why hello, Gab, have a good day! Yes, I could start a thread just on the crazy suggestions the autocorrect comes up with!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Why hello, Gab, have a good day! Yes, I could start a thread just on the crazy suggestions the autocorrect comes up with!

Im just waiting for the recipe for gooey ewe......I'm guessing lamb, honey and lots of other nice things slow cooked in a crock pot!

The Archangel

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kieranbowley said:
Ketchup goes in the sauce but never added on the size!

I see you are from Greenwich, have you tried the noodle bar on the approach to cutty sark? It's the dogs, if you haven't been there you should try it, the mixed meat noodles is about the size of a small dustbin lid, tastes heavenly and only costs about £4-5......the first time I went there I ordered a few side dishes, big mistake, I could have eaten for a week with the amount on the table in front of me!

The Archangel

Last edited:
OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Im just waiting for the recipe for gooey ewe......I'm guessing lamb, honey and lots of other nice things slow cooked in a crock pot!

The Archangel
Oooh, yes, that does sound nice, all my favourite things together! I love lamb! I also make Chinese noodles which is nothing like you would think it is. It is pasta shells mixed with minced beef, onions, Chinese spice, tin of tomato soup, green peppers or red, covered with, yes, you guessed it, cheese, and under the grill to the grilled consistency that you like. I absolutely love this meal.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Oooh, yes, that does sound nice, all my favourite things together! I love lamb! I also make Chinese noodles which is nothing like you would think it is. It is pasta shells mixed with minced beef, onions, Chinese spice, tin of tomato soup, green peppers or red, covered with, yes, you guessed it, cheese, and under the grill to the grilled consistency that you like. I absolutely love this meal.

WHERE ARE THE NOODLES!!!!

The Archangel

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
WHERE ARE THE NOODLES!!!!

The Archangel

Yes, I knew you would pick up on there, I don't know why it's called that but I inherited that from me mum and wouldn't dream of correcting that name, not worth the horrifying death that would occur. Her famous phrase by the way is, Hayley, if I ever get to the point where I am unaware of my surroundings (dying) you must shoot me! Heck, I'd know how to shoot but why would I do that! I'd rather not land up in jail just to put her out of her misery. Oh, and anyone worried about my murderous tendencies, don't worry she's joking ( I hope)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love boiling up a ham/bacon joint in the slow cooker then just picking at it for days after.

I love the cooked breakfast in Carluccio's in Tunbridge Wells.

Poached eggs, runny poached eggs......I just adore runny poached eggs! Oh, and I hate going to a restaurant and the poached eggs aren't runny......call yourself a chef!!! Anyone notice that I might like poached eggs?

Crispy duck.......it's the business!

Where are we going to eat for the UK iPad users Christmas party? I'm assuming that it's all round to Haley's place for the summer BBQ!

The Archangel

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Yes, I knew you would pick up on there, I don't know why it's called that but I inherited that from me mum and wouldn't dream of correcting that name, not worth the horrifying death that would occur. Her famous phrase by the way is, Hayley, if I ever get to the point where I am unaware of my surroundings (dying) you must shoot me! Heck, I'd know how to shoot but why would I do that! I'd rather not land up in jail just to put her out of her misery. Oh, and anyone worried about my murderous tendencies, don't worry she's joking ( I hope)

Just send her up to the attic!

The Archangel

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Just send her up to the attic!

The Archangel

Oi! I have Assegai, will use it! That joint is done at Xmas and yes, we love that too! That's if I can get hubby away from chicken and pork long enough! Pork scratching. Hmmm. Anything to do with apple is good by the way! I did see that apple posting the other day.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
I see you are from Greenwich, have you tried the noodle bar on the approach to curry sark? It's the dogs, if you haven't been there you should try it, the mixed meat noodles is about the size of a small dustbin lid, tastes heavenly and only costs about £4-5......the first time I went there I ordered a few side dishes, big mistake, I could have eaten for a week with the amount on the table in front of me!

The Archangel

Archangel, i have been to the place you are talking about several times, but not recently though. Its by the begening of the one way road that goes around in a square shape, like you say by cutty sark. Inside there is bench like tables and the large menu is on a one piece paper a5 size maybee, double sided. On top of that my favourite menu is the mixed meat noodles too, you get duck, chicken, beef pork and spicy too without over doing it. On top of that the size of the portion, one would think its america :D try thier carrot juice, its basically fresh carrots crused in juicer, you get to taste and feel the pulb and all, total juicy bits Carrot juice. Luckily there is a similar place called noodle king 5 minutes walk from brick lane, i suppose both these shops have the same owner because the menu,food quality, price, interior decor is the same. Never feel ripped of having a meal in these places. Airconditioned too for the summer, once i had a seat right under the aircon blower, it was 25 degree outside and the back of my neck was freezing from the cold draft hitting it. Try the singapore fried noodle and the sea food noodle/ fried rice, highly recommend. Speaking of east end, one of my favourite place is the jewish bagel shop in the end of brick lane, the salt beef bagel, cheeese cake and ministoney soup is heaven. This particular shop is open 24 hours

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You know, I get ribbed by my male science teachers all the time, they love to tease my gullibility. Although my female boss is jumping on the bandwagon now. Wonder why?

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm starting to feel hungry here guys, stop it, hello karma, how are you doing?

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi hayles, i am doing fine, 2nd day i have survived potential al queda tube attacks. I just wish our security services prevent it. But dissapointed to read in the free standard paper that tube drivers are planning a six day strike over 2 week period. Hey ho

How are you, hope you had a good day :)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good karma said:
Archangel, i have been to the place you are talking about several times, but not recently though. Its by the begening of the one way road that goes around in a square shape, like you say by cutty sark. Inside there is bench like tables and the large menu is on a one piece paper a5 size maybee, double sided. On top of that my favourite menu is the mixed meat noodles too, you get duck, chicken, beef pork and spicy too without over doing it. On top of that the size of the portion, one would think its america :D try thier carrot juice, its basically fresh carrots crused in juicer, you get to taste and feel the pulb and all, total juicy bits Carrot juice. Luckily there is a similar place called noodle king 5 minutes walk from brick lane, i suppose both these shops have the same owner because the menu,food quality, price, interior decor is the same. Never feel ripped of having a meal in these places. Airconditioned too for the summer, once i had a seat right under the aircon blower, it was 25 degree outside and the back of my neck was freezing from the cold draft hitting it. Try the singapore fried noodle and the sea food noodle/ fried rice, highly recommend. Speaking of east end, one of my favourite place is the jewish bagel shop in the end of brick lane, the salt beef bagel, cheeese cake and ministoney soup is heaven. This particular shop is open 24 hours

That's the one, I'll be working about 100yards from there tomorrow so good chance I'll be filling up......I just love that place! I'll search those places in Brick Lane as I'm often passing by.........oh how I want a big bowl of mixed meat noodles right now!!!!

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts