What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downgrade

Docab85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. There I have an ipad2 now the problem is I had jb' d it and cydia had my blobs I had also registered on cydia but now all my jb is gone as I had to do an emergency restore and upgrade to ios6 so now is there any way to recover my blobs from cydia also is there a possibility of ios6 jb ever and if there is wen is it expected!!! Help can't live in this jail man it's killing me!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To start - no one knows when a jail break will be ready and available for iOS 6. All I can suggest is that you subscribe to and keep an eye on this read (it'll be updated with any news): http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=89458

As far as downgrading - do you,have SHSH blobs for both iOS 5.1.1 AND iOS 4.x? If so, you can downgrade that iPad2 back to iOS 5.1.1 so you can re-jail break it...

Marilyn

P.S. And, since you talk about a jail broken iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Docab85 said:
Hi. There I have an ipad2 now the problem is I had jb' d it and cydia had my blobs I had also registered on cydia but now all my jb is gone as I had to do an emergency restore and upgrade to ios6 so now is there any way to recover my blobs from cydia also is there a possibility of ios6 jb ever and if there is wen is it expected!!! Help can't live in this jail man it's killing me!

Welcome to the iPad Forums, Docab85!

Here is the thread that will help you downgrade your iPad 2, if you have the proper blobs saved.
http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...5-x-ipad2-ipad3-using-redsn0w-shsh-blobs.html

OP
D

Docab85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So there will surely be a jb fr ios6 because i read somewhere that apple is nt signing firmware.how do you get blobs for ios4x is that a possibility now with my ipad also will cydia have my 5.1.1 blobs and can I get them also is there any way to restore without upgrading ,for future reference !

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Docab85 said:
So there will surely be a jb fr ios6 because i read somewhere that apple is nt signing firmware.how do you get blobs for ios4x is that a possibility now with my ipad also will cydia have my 5.1.1 blobs and can I get them also is there any way to restore without upgrading ,for future reference !

If you don't already have blobs for a version of iOS 4, it's too late to get them now. In this case, you will have to remain on iOS 6.0.1 and wait for the release of an iOS 6 jailbreak.
If you were ever jailbroken on iOS 4.X, Cydia will have those blobs.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you don't already have blobs for a version of iOS 4, it's too late to get them now. In this case, you will have to remain on iOS 6.0.1 and wait for the release of an iOS 6 jailbreak.
If you were ever jailbroken on iOS 4.X, Cydia will have those blobs.

The only way to see if you have those 4.x blobs is to download and run the Tiny Umbrella (TU) tool. If those blobs were ever saved for your device, then TU is the only tool that can get them.

But, if you run TU and don't have those blobs, then I'm afraid it's as scifan said - hang in there and hope for an iOS 6 jail break.

Marilyn

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
The only way to see if you have those 4.x blobs is to download and run the Tiny Umbrella (TU) tool. If those blobs were ever saved for your device, then TU is the only tool that can get them.

But, if you run TU and don't have those blobs, then I'm afraid it's as scifan said - hang in there and hope for an iOS 6 jail break.

Marilyn

Thanks for the extra clarification, Marilyn.

OP
D

Docab85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice thread scifan but I'm not sure where my blobs are or whether they exist or not although I did use tiny umbrella once though I'm not sure wat it did so is there a chance!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Docab85 said:
Nice thread scifan but I'm not sure where my blobs are or whether they exist or not although I did use tiny umbrella once though I'm not sure wat it did so is there a chance!

You have to run Tiny Umbrella to find out if your blobs were saved.

OP
D

Docab85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But I deleted it from my office pc does it have a database somewhere
Does ipad store blobs after restore

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Docab85 said:
But I deleted it from my office pc does it have a database somewhere
Does ipad store blobs after restore

Docab85 said:
Will this downgrade help without blobs by any chance

Blobs are not stored on your iPad, but in places such as Tiny Umbrella and Cydia. (Correction; they are stored on your iPad, they just can't be extracted with the tools available.)

You can't downgrade without blobs under any circumstances.

Last edited:
OP
D

Docab85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So after restore there is no chance of a downgrade.what if you have an account in cydia go you go to their site or something

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Docab85 said:
So after restore there is no chance of a downgrade.what if you have an account in cydia go you go to their site or something

You won't be able to access Cydia again until you are able to jailbreak on iOS 6.

Most reactions

Latest posts