1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

restoring jailbreak-help needed.

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by madurairaja, Oct 1, 2012.

1. madurairaja

madurairaja iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have JB my ipad3 with Absinthe. Recently I tried to upgrade to ios6. After about 90% of download the programme was interrupted because of power shutdown. During the restore process I have accidentally deleted the Cydia also. My ipad3 shows version as 5.1.1(9B206). When I try to restore through itunes I get a error message " your device does not eligible for the requested build". I am not able to reinstall Cydia also. When I use redsnow to jail break it tells my device is already jailbroken. Any help will be appreciated.Thanks in advance.:confused:
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,690 / 0
  3. madurairaja

madurairaja iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dear Mickey,

That is what i did and i am getting the error message that my device doesnot have the permission for the build????
  4. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +630 / 0
    That means you did not correctly follow step 2 in the guide, or you are not following the other instructions correctly. That guide will only restore IOS 6.0, because as it clearly states, it is only for the current version of IOS. Not an older one such as 5.1.1

You don't have any way to restore 5.1.1 at the moment. A new version of redsn0w is expected soon which will support restoring 5.x firmwares if you have the correct SHSH Blobs, but we do not know when it will be released. If you install 6.0 in the meantime you will lose your ability to restore 5.x altogether as things stand.

You may need to have some patience if you want the chance to jailbreak again, so I would suggest you proceed with caution! :D
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012