What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I upgrade jailbroaken ipad 2 on iOS5 to jailbroken iOS6

P

passcard

First, sorry about asking a question that must doubtless have been asked hundreds of times.

I had my brother jb my ipad 2 and he is no longer with me to do it and I have no idea how to.

As the title says, I am on JB iOS5.0 (5.1.1) and want to upgrade to JB iOS6 because more and more apps require iOS6 or even iOS7 (but no iOS7 JB yet, right?)

I seem to remember a while back on Cydia how you had a window of opportunity for upgrading and whatever, which I didn't understand and ignored.

I just want to know if this is possible, and whether I can do it in a way I can go back to iOS 5 if I don't like iOS6 (will iOS6 run as smoothly as iOS5 on iPad 2?)

I know this must have been covered somewhere, and I do see a whole board with tutorials on this forum. I just don't know which one I am supposed to look at, so if you would be kind and patient with me and point me to the tutorial that I should follow, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Edit: while I am at it, I would also like to JB my mom's ipad mini that's on ios6. I seem to remember some time ago how ipad mini has not been properly JB'd? Can someone explain this to me too?

Edit 2: I see that my main question is answered just below. Sorry, and what a drag.

Last edited by a moderator:

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome to iPadForums. Please read and abide by the forum rules here.

Identical thread here.

You can jailbreak iOS 6.0 - 6.1.2 on the iPad 2 and above, and the iPhone 3GS and above using Evasi0n as outlined here.

Last edited:
OP
P

passcard

Welcome to iPadForums. Please read and abide by the forum rules here.

Identical thread here.

You can jailbreak iOS 6.0 - 6.1.2 on the iPad 2 and above, and the iPhone 3GS and above using Evasi0n as outlined here.

Thank you for referring me to the rules and the thread where the same question was asked.
However, I see that although the question asked is the same, the answer is different.
scifan57's response in that thread was:

I'm afraid that there is no way for you to selectively upgrade your iPad. The only iOS version you can upgrade to is iOS 7.0.4, which currently has no available jailbreak. If keeping your jailbreak us important to you, you'll have to stay where you are and wait for an iOS 7 jailbreak.

But your answer seems to say something else.
Would you please clarify?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was separately answering your second question regarding jailbreaking iOS 6. With respect to upgrading to iOS 6, it can't be done. Jailbreaking iOS 6, that can be done

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa

Most reactions