What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with redsnow b4

Da Duck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, I have an ipad 1 WiFi only model it has been jailbroken on 4.3.3 then I about two weeks ago I upgraded to the 5.0.1 jb using redsnow b1. I updated the unit to the b3 files when they came out and had to do the manual ibooks fix to get that to work. so yesterday I seen that redsnow is now running b4 and that should fix all my problems, so this morning I decided to update to b4.

Well, I tried to put the unit into dfu mode and when it found the unit to go to jb, it says error with shsh blobs........WTF

so after I got the unit to power on correctly, I went into cydia and looked at what blobs are there, and low and behold it shows all from 4.2 all the way up to 5.0.1

So what to do now? I have the ipad plugged into the PC, still in hopes that someone can point me in the correct direction to get this working. I have NEVER had any problems with ANY device i have JB in the past or currently. I have followed all directions, and nothing seems to work. I even tried to send the blobs to cydia, tried to get the blobs on the unit to go through, and NOTHING works.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Da Duck

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you use TinyUmbrella to save your blobs, open it up, and click on the advanced tab. Make sure the box for "set hosts file to Cydia on exit" is unchecked.
Then, plug your iPad into iTunes, sync, and then use DFU mode and let iTunes do a normal restore. No custom firmwares or anything. Just a clean, normal restore. Then you can re-jailbreak with beta 4.

OP
D

Da Duck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your help.

So I downloaded the newest TU, ran it like the tut said made the check markes like it said to, then downloaded the IshsIT and sent the blobs to my email.

I then restored the ipad (which erased my tweaks and all) and after the restore, I tried to do the JB again, and BOOM the same thing.

I have the current blobs, and cydia shows them also. so now I am at a loss.

Any other ideas?

Thank you
Da Duck

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The jailbreak process with redsn0w does not make any use of blobs whatsoever. They are completely irrelevant. It does not sound like you are choosing the right option at all.

Please post the EXACT error message which is shown when you press the "jailbreak" button in redsn0w.

OP
D

Da Duck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also tried to stitch the blobs and this did not do the trick either.........

:(

OP
D

Da Duck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The error is this

error with shsh blobs

that's all it says. this does come up after trying to JB ( after holding the power for 3 sec., and then holding the home button with the power, then releasing the power and holding the home button, and when it makes the sound that the unit is connected, it goes back a screen through redsnow and shows the error on the bottom left hand side of that screen

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
On the Extras menu, use "Select IPSW" and point redsn0w to a copy of 5.0.1 firmware for your device (which you will have to download if you don't already have it).

Then use the "jailbreak" button.

OP
D

Da Duck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Couldn't download required IPSW
Please check your internet connection
if your internet is working you may need an updated version of redsnow

error with shsh blobs!

This is all that the screen shows when it goes to the error, sorry I did not think of putting that down before.

OP
D

Da Duck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
YOU ARE THE MAN, I just got the jb moving with the select IPSW.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

I was going nuts for the past couple hours trying to figure out what I did....LOL

Speaking of which, do you know why or what might have caused this error?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The error message told you, it couldn't download the IPSW file itself (for whatever reason).

OP
D

Da Duck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, thank you again, That is why I love this forum, it is filled with GREAT knowledgeable people like you!

LONG LIVE IPAD JBing!

Da Duck

Most reactions

Latest posts