Contemplating the iProp for my iPad2

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Videographer, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Videographer

Videographer
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Do you think it would work with a thin back cover on it or would I have to take out of cover

I emailed them about that and they mentioned that it will not work with a back cover.

2. wvernon

wvernon
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    iPad 1 no way, fits very precice. iPad 2 had stick on foam shims to take up space. Might be able to jam it in there with a cover if you don't use the shims. Wouldn't count on it though. Love mine btw, shoved the base between the futon cushion and frame and the iPad is oriented along the backrest. Just lay here like a lox.

3. darthluke12694

darthluke12694
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    How high does the iprop stand? I know its good for bed, but is it also good for someone sitting on the couch and being able to look at the iPad about eye level?

4. Padeasel

Padeasel
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    iPad in Bed

a Bweasel iPad stand will offer everything you need. Now priced at 24.95, with free shipping to US customers, you will find no other stand offering so many handy uses as the 3 oz. Bweasel. Check out our web site and see the video and click the "laying in bed" link to see actual photos of a person using the Bweasel iPad stand in bed.

5. wvernon

wvernon
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    iProp Features

6. David79

David79
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Wow ya I also spent only $5 at five below and I am very happy, have spent too much already why keep spending money on things you can find elswhere for a lot less money!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

7. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yep, I had to send mine back. I have an iPad1 with a Zagg leatherskin on the back. Would not fit into the iProp. Very exact specs, that.

So, have to have a completely "naked" iPad to use the iProp.

Marilyn

P.S. I have no complaints about the iProp - it seemed a very good product. The company gave me zero hassles with return. I just didn't want to give up my Zaggskin for the iProp...

8. Videographer

Videographer
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    That's what I thought. It's not a bother for me to remove the back cover each time I want to use this device, but you know what happens after awhile when you keep taking something off and putting it back on. After a number of times doing that, somethings going to break . . .

9. darthluke12694

darthluke12694
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ok I just got mine today and here is my review. All you have to assemble is the base and the stand that holds the iPad. It's very simple. It has a good design. I'm not worried about it tipping backwards. It may tip forward, but only if you push it. It holds the iPad 1 very snug. I don't know about the iPad 2, but it does come with supplies to make it work. Overall, it is a great product, and well built.

10. mraif

mraif
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Seriously???