ZooGue Case Review

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Matth3w, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Matth3w

Matth3w
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    I think it would get pretty nasty quick, if it had one. Glad it doesn't.

2. JOx3

JOx3
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I am wondering if the iPad would fit into this case if it already has a Hard Candy Sleek Skin on it? Maybe that would provide a little more protection for the corners?

I haven't purchased a case yet. I am trying to do my "homework" and purchase the right case the first time. I don't really want to end up buying several cases.

3. Matth3w

Matth3w
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    I'd have to know how much that adds to the iPad's girth. Most likely, I would guess not, or at the very least you would really have to shove it in there.

4. STEVEMS2305

STEVEMS2305
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Got mine delivered today. Great review Matt!

I like it so far....

5. muleman

muleman
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have to say that this case is just the cherry on top!!!!!!!! It just brings out the best of the iPad and makes it so much more enjoyable!!!!!!!!!!excellent job!!!!!!!:)

6. CaptKirk

CaptKirk
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Got mine today, no disappointments, very good quality, nice looking, good feel and YES,,, the adjustable rest stop is awesome. I did try the head rest strap and it's going to work just fine on our Oregon trip this week.

If I were in control of making any changes to this ZooGue case, it would be to raise the selling price. I'm serious, this is well worth the $49. :p

There is not much more I can say, Matt did a lot of justice to his review, everything he said is dead on..

#36 CaptKirk, Jun 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  7. pik0

pik0
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Looks like our ZooGue arrives tomorrow. Review forthcoming... :)

Piko

8. RichardK

RichardK
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    For those who have received your ZooGue case, is your case top (the part that folds and is used as the base when using it as a stand) warped? Mine seems to be. It curves up on the edges, just wondering if this is intended?

9. Matth3w

Matth3w
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Mine lays flat...

10. bookemdano

bookemdano
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Richard, I got mine yesterday and I have noticed the same exact thing. I knew it wasn't bent when I first got it but it has become that way after only a couple hours of use. And I've figured out why it happens (at least for me).

I got this case to be sort of an everyday case--not strictly just for the kickstand feature. In fact, most of the time, the way I use the iPad is holding it in my hand in portrait mode.

So when doing that with the ZooGue case on, that necessitates folding the front cover back so it's laying against the back cover. But if you do that, notice that the straps do not lie flush with the back cover, despite there being an indentation for them. So when you fold the front cover back, it sits on top of the strap. Then when you grip the right edge of the case to hold onto it, you are bending the front cover down in that one area.

It's really hard to explain this, so hopefully you see what I'm getting at. Like I said, maybe yours is warped for a different reason, but for me that is definitely why. Time will tell if it is going to get any worse or not--it's not too bad at this point. The straps are really of little value to me personally so I guess I could always just cut them off.

Tim I would humbly suggest that is something you should look at addressing in a future revision of your product. Maybe take a poll on how many people really would use the straps and consider dropping them unless the poll shows that they are highly desireable.