What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contemplating the iProp for my iPad2

Videographer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone used the iProp, especially in bed for watching movies? The video and picture gallery make it look very versatile, but when you read the features it points out that the ridgid stand height is only 12" which is the height of my mattress, and the flexible stand height is only 24 ". It seems a bit short in stand length to be usable. I have also mounted the CoverBuddy by SwitchEasy and was wondering if I might have to remove it in order to fit the iPad on the stand. Any thoughts folks? Thanks.

jthrall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i bought a adjustable stand for the ipad2 from 5 and below for 5$, i put it on a TV tray next to the bed for us to watch... alot cheaper LOL

OP
V

Videographer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i bought a adjustable stand for the ipad2 from 5 and below for 5$, i put it on a TV tray next to the bed for us to watch... alot cheaper LOL

Never thought of a TV tray. Perhaps it's time for me to get creative :). I think my wife will agree that I've spent enough money on iPad accessories already. I'll see if I can jimmy-rig something.

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was highly considering getting this, and I would if it weren't so expensive... There is an estand (I think it's called) which is a Chinese product (I'm a bit skeptical of the site though...) which might be bait taller and for about half the price.

But here is a question for you all, what is the flexible part of the stand called? Ive been wanting to make my own stand, but I've looked around home depot and couldn't find that material. Anyone know?

Edit: here is where I found that estand http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/455630953/flexible_stand_for_ipad.html

Last edited:
OP
V

Videographer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was highly considering getting this, and I would if it weren't so expensive... There is an estand (I think it's called) which is a Chinese product (I'm a bit skeptical of the site though...) which might be bait taller and for about half the price.

But here is a question for you all, what is the flexible part of the stand called? Ive been wanting to make my own stand, but I've looked around home depot and couldn't find that material. Anyone know?

Edit: here is where I found that estand flexible stand for ipad products, buy flexible stand for ipad products from alibaba.com

I have thought about building something like it. The flexible tubing I'm not sure of. There is something called "flexible conduit" used, in part, to connect to lighting fixtures from an electrical junction box, but I think it's too flexible in that it won't hold much weight without bending. One can place a flexible rod of somekind inside to offer more rigidity. Biggest problem I foresee is coming up with some kind of holder for the iPad. If anybody has some ideas on constructing one, it would be much appreciated.

Just a thought. I'm wondering if an old "goose neck" type lighting fixture might work if you can jerry-rig a holding device to it.

Last edited:

Patch adams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received my iprop a couple of days ago and I think it is great. A little pricey to import to the UK but I'm loving using the iPad hands free!
Watching movies and iplayer etc is cool and I also have my Sonos controller on it most of the time. Check out the photos, sorry they were taken in an excited rush and probably don't show it off as best as possible.

Build quality is good, size and reach is good. Enjoy!

Attachments

• image-3049752989.png
    image-3049752989.png
    450.3 KB · Views: 668
  • image-3983023088.png
    image-3983023088.png
    544.4 KB · Views: 694
  • image-966896942.png
    image-966896942.png
    590.2 KB · Views: 688

ipadlover29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Irest by rain design

Ive been using this stand for the last week. My only complaint is that it was pricey. You can use it on a desk, sofa, bed or any level and unlevel surface. It works with my switch easy cover buddy on and smart cover. Its very light and adjustable.

iRest Lap Stand for iPad - intro

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Patch adams said:
I received my iprop a couple of days ago and I think it is great. A little pricey to import to the UK but I'm loving using the iPad hands free!
Watching movies and iplayer etc is cool and I also have my Sonos controller on it most of the time. Check out the photos, sorry they were taken in an excited rush and probably don't show it off as best as possible.

Build quality is good, size and reach is good. Enjoy!

Do you think it would work with a thin back cover on it or would I have to take out of cover

from USA bucks county pa Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
V

Videographer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you think it would work with a thin back cover on it or would I have to take out of cover

I emailed them about that and they mentioned that it will not work with a back cover.

wvernon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 1 no way, fits very precice. iPad 2 had stick on foam shims to take up space. Might be able to jam it in there with a cover if you don't use the shims. Wouldn't count on it though. Love mine btw, shoved the base between the futon cushion and frame and the iPad is oriented along the backrest. Just lay here like a lox.

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
How high does the iprop stand? I know its good for bed, but is it also good for someone sitting on the couch and being able to look at the iPad about eye level?

Padeasel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad in Bed

a Bweasel iPad stand will offer everything you need. Now priced at 24.95, with free shipping to US customers, you will find no other stand offering so many handy uses as the 3 oz. Bweasel. Check out our web site and see the video and click the "laying in bed" link to see actual photos of a person using the Bweasel iPad stand in bed.

Most reactions

Latest posts