What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BlueiPadV2 by JMG - Winterboard

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a theme like this for the iPhone? I will like to apply a similar experience to my new iPhone :)

iFrog - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
BlueiPadV2 has just been updated. Download it now from Cydia.

Some nice enhancements to the original! See screenies attached :D

Best of all? The iPad2 stock icons for camera, FaceTime, and photo booth are themed! YAY ;)

UPDATE - I have to say, JMG has done a great job with the upgrade. I can't find anything that has been missed now, including the mute switcher icon, tweaks to the UI (better 3G icon!), and a great spinner replacement!

Attachments

• image-1881927802.png
    image-1881927802.png
    508.1 KB · Views: 454
  • image-519180841.png
    image-519180841.png
    457.7 KB · Views: 417
Last edited:

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was editing some internal stuff with ifile and had to restore.... Anyway...

Tried downloading it and I am getting a the 403 forbidden error like if I didn't buy it. I signed into Cydia and tried to download through the installable purchases section but no avail. Any ideas? I have never had this problem before.

Google didn't help at all. :(

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
F4780y, you have plugged this theme and nearly sold it to me.......but what are the new enhancements, is this a totally adaptable theme, in that I mean, can you change background wallpapers, is the weather area changeable? Can you include your own music/sounds?
Sorry for all the questions, but i'mlooking for a theme that I can go all out and alter to my hearts content.
Cheers mate

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It keeps your own wallpaper but you can select the wallpaper that comes with it. Not much else.
I create my own themes by mixing a few themes together. Like I used to have kryptonite and blue iPad v2 mixed.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
...but what are the new enhancements, is this a totally adaptable theme, in that I mean, can you change background wallpapers, is the weather area changeable?
Can you include your own music/sounds?
Sorry for all the questions, but i'mlooking for a theme that I can go all out and alter to my hearts content.

Yes, all Winterboard themes are adaptable to your needs with a little effort. What Winterboard does is substitute files on top of what is already there in the OS. So if you want to change a button or graphic you simply provide a replacement in your theme and Winterboard will apply it.
Wallpapers can of course be changed as graywolf pointed out.
However, this theme does not come with a "weather area". You are maybe thinking of another theme. That said, you can add your own if you have the skills!
You can use the sounds that come with it or swap in your own. They are in "caf" format, but you can google how to create those!
So yes, all Winterboard themes can be altered to your hearts content, especially this one.

Dreamboard by contrast is not quite so customisable. You forgo some of the agility for the more radical theme components like very large icons, radical layouts, and widgets.

Hope that helps.

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
That's perfect thanks too both of you for speed of answers.

@graywolf, I'm just working through the winter board changing icon project you've posted, very helpful post mate.....keep them coming, its great way to improve our understanding of this great machine!!

Most reactions