What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BlueiPadV2 by JMG - Winterboard

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
What are you using to have 6 icons across the screen? I like how you have all organized.

Iconoclasm with 6x5 layout - I'll be posting a thread about it soon in the apps section!

Look forward to reading about this, I take it that Iconoclasm is another app to download, or is it included within another program

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
No, you want "Winterboard." It's the one with the little blue man's face as an icon (in Cydia); the latest version is 0.9.3211-1. Winterboarder is a ... well, actually, I can't tell/understand what it is! :D But, you don't want it!

Marilyn

I think the iPad auto correct may have changed his words. :D

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
No, you want "Winterboard." It's the one with the little blue man's face as an icon (in Cydia); the latest version is 0.9.3211-1. Winterboarder is a ... well, actually, I can't tell/understand what it is! :D But, you don't want it!

Marilyn

Yeah. I was thinking that and was about to type it but my Paddy died!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, really, in Cydia, there is a Winterboarder tweak! I just don't understand what the heck it's for (it reads: "Distribution of Unix Software for iPhoneOS 3"). I'm pretty sure, though, it's not for the iPad... :D

Regardless, miss-type or not, the theming baseline is Winterboard.

Sorry, Leigh, for OTing your thread ... my bad. :eek:

Marilyn

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
No, really, in Cydia, there is a Winterboarder tweak! I just don't understand what the heck it's for (it reads: "Distribution of Unix Software for iPhoneOS 3"). I'm pretty sure, though, it's not for the iPad... :D

Regardless, miss-type or not, the theming baseline is Winterboard.

Sorry, Leigh, for OTing your thread ... my bad. :eek:

Marilyn

Oh ok. :)

Plwebb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, for the life of me I can not figure out how to get the Blueipad theme on my iPad! I bought it and installed it but it's not showing up in the themes in Winterboard.
Suggestions please?

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
Mickey330 said:

Marilyn

No, I checked Cydia, there's winterboard and winterboarder whatever that may be. Got the right one now, iPad going back on charge as it is being abused to the max at the moment!!

Edited: hadn't seen someone had already corrected me on this page.......now looking for some good old fashioned games.....maybe Galaxians, Space Invaders and PAC Man for a start.......but that's tonight after I finish work

Last edited:

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does this theme auto theme photobooth, camera, and cydia tweaks. I hate themes that dont theme all the icons. If it doesnt, does the other have a template where we can theme ourselves?

But ya, this theme is really great.

One more question, does installing a lot of themes slow down the device. When they're not activated?

arbor53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just bought this and camera, FaceTime and photobooth arent skinned but the cydia app icons are

Plwebb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, for the life of me I can not figure out how to get the Blueipad theme on my iPad! I bought it and installed it but it's not showing up in the themes in Winterboard.
Suggestions please?

I still haven't had any luck finding the BlueiPad theme on my iPad 2. I went ahead and bought another theme, the Glass Orb one and it shows up in Winterboard and I'm using that one now. But I would really like to use the BueiPad one too since it did cost money.

Any ideas?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Take a look on your Installed tab in Cydia. Does BlueiPad V2 show up as being installed?

There's a little oddity about Cydia when you go to purchase stuff. After you've gone through the steps and actually paid for it, you don't immediately get an Install button. I usually see another Purchase button, have to click on it, Cydia tells me I've already bought the item, I click close and then I see the Install button.

Then, after all that, you have to check off the Confirm button when the pop-up button appears.

If you did all that (when you bought it) or BlueiPad V2 does show in your Installed tab, then try a Modify>Reinstall.

Huh. Except I just tried it and a 403 Forbidden message appears. Guess that step will have to wait 'til later should you need it... The message is there, most likely, because the repos get hammered pretty hard after a jail break. Just have to try back.

Anyway. I hope some of this helps.

Marilyn

Plwebb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah, I checked and no it wasn't in the Installed list. I went back into Themes and clicked on it and it still says Purchase Confirmed so I once again (3rd or 4th time) clicked on install. It seemed to take longer to install this time so I had high hopes. When it was done I checked Installed and it was there!
Thanks so much Marilyn!

Take a look on your Installed tab in Cydia. Does BlueiPad V2 show up as being installed?

There's a little oddity about Cydia when you go to purchase stuff. After you've gone through the steps and actually paid for it, you don't immediately get an Install button. I usually see another Purchase button, have to click on it, Cydia tells me I've already bought the item, I click close and then I see the Install button.

Then, after all that, you have to check off the Confirm button when the pop-up button appears.

If you did all that (when you bought it) or BlueiPad V2 does show in your Installed tab, then try a Modify>Reinstall.

Huh. Except I just tried it and a 403 Forbidden message appears. Guess that step will have to wait 'til later should you need it... The message is there, most likely, because the repos get hammered pretty hard after a jail break. Just have to try back.

Anyway. I hope some of this helps.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts