A 2UINique iPad Theme - Winterboard

Discussion in 'iPad Themes' started by f4780y, Mar 12, 2012.

1. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +635 / 0
    A UINique iPad Theme was one of my favourite early themes on the iPad, so I was very pleased to see a new version pop up on Cydia recently.

A 2UINique iPad Theme By Subywrex & flybritn expands on the style of the first theme with a new, fresh, modern look. Here is the springboard with its auto-themed icons and the wallpaper supplied with the theme...

[​IMG]

It also comes with some lockscreen customisation and here you can see it with IntelliscreenX and the Notification panel active...

[​IMG]

SBSettings and ColorKeyboard themes are also included in the package...

[​IMG]

And as usual, the main iPad UI gets some nice touches. Here's the Settings app as well as some Safari Skinning....

[​IMG][​IMG]

So, that's "A 2UINique iPad Theme". It costs $2.99 on Cydia. Make sure if you purchase this theme, you buy the iPad version. There is a version for the phone as well, and that won't work on the iPad!
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  2. Amp1216

Amp1216 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Love the lock screen on that one
  3. f4780y

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +635 / 0
    Just a quick note to say this has now been updated to support the new icon themeing requirements for 5.1, which is nice since I am running it on my iPad1 on 5.1 JB! :D
  4. Amp1216

Amp1216 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is the stuff on top of theme part of it on the lock screen?
  5. f4780y

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +635 / 0
    No. As I say above, the screen shows themeing of IntelliscreenX. You must own that tweak if you want to see that information.
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  6. Amp1216

Amp1216 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks I love the theme I just got it
  7. lotusbrother

lotusbrother iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Where is the, i'm new here.. :(
  8. Amp1216

Amp1216 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You Have to have a jailbroken iPad to do it
  9. TheRambler

TheRambler Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +124 / 0
    Fantastic theme Leigh, I'm also using intelliscreenX and find it a fantastic app, possibly worthy of one of your excellent sticky reviews, it would also be great to see what other rss feeds others have added!
    What did you use to get the up to date football scores, it says mf pro I think, but haven't seen that before?
  10. f4780y

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +635 / 0
    Thanks bud. I may do a review if nobody else gets round to it!

The app is "My Football Pro HD" Highly recommended for the push notifications alone (although they usually run about 10 mins behind "real-time", it's good enough when you are out and about and away from the telly / radio).
  11. TheRambler

TheRambler Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +124 / 0
    Thanks for that Leigh, just downloaded the theme too, there's always room for a nice dark looking theme. Look forward to the review.
  12. f4780y

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +635 / 0
    Still my favourite iPad theme at the moment, I'm very pleased to say 2Uinique has had an update to fully support the iPad3 (and no need for a separate purchase, which is very much appreciated!)
  13. Debbie12

Debbie12 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I love this theme but when I'm reading at night with blacked out screen the status bar is white and really hurts my eyes. Is there any way to change that?
  14. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,821 / 0
    The best thing to do is to go into the theme, find the image for the status bar and modify it to make it dark enough to suit. I can't tell you exactly what the image name is (I don't have that theme), but it's probably somewhere in the com.apple.springboard folder of the theme. Or not (its been a while since I've played with a status bar color...). :)

But, have a go at it and see if you can modify it to dim it down for you. Good luck.

Marilyn
  15. Debbie12

Debbie12 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I tried to go through ifile to modify the image of the status bar but I can't find the file that's the status bar, the creator doesn't call it status bar and there are so many images I don't know which one it is.

I'm not even sure if this is the right procedure.

I'm guessing com.apple.springboard has to be accessed through the computer?

Sorry complete noob here. Thanks.
  16. Malikor

Malikor iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for this! Can't wait for my iPad to get here, gonna install this for sure :)
  17. Mickey330

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,821 / 0
    You could access that folder on your computer using something like iFunbox. It's a free program that allows you full access to a jail broken iPad. You have to connect the iPad to the computer, but I have found it to be the best way to browse the iPad.

Or, you can use iFile ($4.99, USD), which is a fabulous tweak from Cydia that allows you to browse your file system from the iPad yourself. Very handy app and, for its functionality, a very good deal.

I must caution you about using tweaks that allow you access to the iPad file system. Until you learn what things are and what they do, be VERY cautious about changing or deleting things. The iPad's a great thing, but you mess up some code - you're looking at a restore. Just FYI...

That's why I like to use Winterboard themes to mod the iPad. The theme is a layer over the firmware and you don't mess up. Heck, the worst you can do, when playing around/inside the theme folder, is make it not work (then you just go back to Cydia and reinstall it, no harm, no foul). So, at the start, just stay in the Themes directory of your iPad (/var/stash/Themes/[Your there's Name]).

Enough rambling, eh? :) So, have a browse in the theme itself using one of these two tools. And, I believe I told you wrong - start in the UIImages folder of the theme (the address to get to the theme folders will be /var/stash/Themes/[Your Theme's Name]/UIImages). And, I'm sorry, but you'll just have to look for anything that may mention the status bar. Or, use Google to see if you can find the name. There are so many files ... Good luck.

Marilyn
  18. Debbie12

Debbie12 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you again Marilyn for your response.

So I have both ifunbox and ifile and used ifile and went into my theme folder but unfortunately the theme creator didn't call the status bar "status bar" in the UIImages :(. I used the ifile search feature and also scrolling. There are a ton of images in this theme and I viewed a bunch and found some that may look like status bar but it wasn't. I didn't delete the file, I modified the file name to make it inoperable but apparently I didn't find the correct file so I went back in and changed the name back so it's working again. Ive been trying to find out what other name they would use for "status bar" in their naming but no luck.

It hasn't been too bad when the reading (like the first night) but I would still like it changed.

Thanks again.
  19. Mickey330

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,821 / 0
    One time, when I had a problem with a theme element being too dark, I e-mailed the developer for help. He was very nice and sent me back a modified image. So, maybe you could ask the developer - even if it's just for the name of the image so you can modify it yourself? All I can think of, short of looking through every file in that theme.

Sorry.

Marilyn
  20. Debbie12

Debbie12 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hmm I thought about that but no clue how to find the developer, lol. I saw that one of them had a twitter but I don't twitter. I'll see if I can find another way to contact them.

Thanks.