What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Uinique iPad Theme by subywrex - Winterboard

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Another of my favourites, when I'm feeling a little darker, is "A Uinique iPad Theme". Not the unique way that this theme is named! There is an extra "i" in there which catches out a lot of folks!

Here is the springboard with its auto-themed icons and the wallpaper supplied with the theme...

327d2011.jpg

It also comes with lockscreen customisation and a whole load of wallpapers to use, but of course you can substitute your own...

8ab3fc25.jpg

The iPad UI gets some nice green touches. Note the status bar items as well...

00c74ffa.jpg

And finally, here is one of the alternative lockscreen wallpapers....

26a635ff.jpg

And you can of course mix and match your own wallpapers in there...

acbd9baf.jpg

So, that's Uinique. Make sure if you purchase this theme, you buy the iPad version. There are others for the phones as well, and those won't work on the iPad!

Last edited:
OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
On your top photo, the fourth column down of icons look like grouped icons, how is this done? I've seen it before on none JB iPads but never found out how to do it.
Thanks for your help in advance.

Seriously? OK. This is a standard feature of every iPad. Sorry, I just thought everyone knew...

Just hold your icons until they start to wiggle, then move one icon on top of another. This will create a folder. You can drag more in or out as you wish...

Hope that helps! I suspect you are going to have lots of fun tonight now you know this!

Qoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very nice looking theme, i am currently using the Black UPS this should fit my ipad much better :)

gottifour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on this theme, I'm loving it! Where can I find the wallpapers? Do I have to browse to them with ifile?

Edit! Sorry for making my first post a great one. The wallpapers are right there in the wallpaper section!

Last edited:

jarell162

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how come mine doesnt look like that.. the icons didnt change.. :(

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
how come mine doesnt look like that.. the icons didnt change.. :(

[Start potentially obvious question ... with apologies for any insult]

Did you go to Winterboard (either via its icon or through the Setttings app) and make sure the UINique theme is checked?

[/End obvious question]

Or, if not that, try:

Sometimes, you might have to move a theme up in Winterboard's file. The stuff at the top of Winterboard's display takes priority over anything below it. You may have to move stuff around to put UNIque on top/closer to the top (by grabbing the three lines to the right of each line (like Safari) and, while holding it, drag it up).

Or, you may have another theme already activated, which is above UINique's theme line. Just move UNIque above it - better yet, deactivate the other theme.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

mrogers07

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi...I just purchased this skin and I can't seem to find out where or how I can add all that cool information you have showing on your top status bar. Can you give me a hand with this? Thanks!

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
mrogers07 said:
Hi...I just purchased this skin and I can't seem to find out where or how I can add all that cool information you have showing on your top status bar. Can you give me a hand with this? Thanks!

That's easy, mostly sbsettings options and "fake carrier" to change the status bar.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On your top photo, the fourth column down of icons look like grouped icons, how is this done? I've seen it before on none JB iPads but never found out how to do it.
Thanks for your help in advance.

Seriously? OK. This is a standard feature of every iPad. Sorry, I just thought everyone knew...

Just hold your icons until they start to wiggle, then move one icon on top of another. This will create a folder. You can drag more in or out as you wish...

Hope that helps! I suspect you are going to have lots of fun tonight now you know this!

mad funny.. but let me ask a real question, in your 4th column, your folders icon, the name below has an icon to the left of it(small), how to do?

how to add 6 column springboard?, i have 5 for ip4, didn't know ipad had 6 or more, which tweak, thanks?

in your statusbar, on the notifications side, your mail looks like gmail icon,how to do?..... and how did you set the apple logo to show as notification(or you didn't)...

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y....
if possible, can you list your extensions you use, so i can check them out...thanks.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Poser said:
f4780y....
if possible, can you list your extensions you use, so i can check them out...thanks.

Sure, emoji provides the small icons, Iconoclasm for layout, Shrink for size & colour, and Open Notifier for notifications.

Most reactions

Latest posts