What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest annoyance with the iPad?

What are your biggest annoyances with the iPad? (4.2.1)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For my purposes, that still kills ST. Many of the remote computers I maintain require a log-in to get past the welcome screen.

Ah well. I mostly use Logmein on my laptop or desktop and have recently begun to use PocketCloud. Honestly, I don't find the iPad as useful for working with a remote host as a PC, but in an emergency, I can make it work.

m3fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If only the battery would last 1000 hrs, then we could all live in a virtual world for a week at a time and won't need to worry about flash! Lol

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The attention of members is drawn once again to this post:

Buying an iPad and complaining about flash support = a waste of time.

If you need flash support simply use another device.
Sums it up very well.

This thread is a poll that may be used to register your opinion. Supplementary comments may be posted to elaborate on the reasons for your vote, but repetitive and interminable whining about an issue that has already been covered ad nauseam in hundreds of other threads is not welcome here, and such posts will be deleted.

9 further posts have been deleted for disregarding that advisement. One member who has persisted in his failure to comply is about to receive an infraction.

craftypepper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trouble posting to some forums that don't have an app or tapatalk and trouble viewing some web pages for reasons that I know aren't flash related.

SeanDillon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For me, it's the weight issue. One of the reasons I got it was to read more and my first week using it, my shoulder was pretty sore. Looking for a nice stand for it now.

Svrdhd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My largest concern is, without a doubt, the fragility of the screen. Perhaps this is a superficial concern of mine own. Scratches seem to come from nowhere and without warrant. For this reason, screen protectors are a must. But then this brings the aspect of screen application into play! Perhaps a greater hassle and chance for visual imperfections to occur.
Other than my peeves cresting on my affection for my iPad, this is a terrific product with a bright future!
On a side note: Flash is a memory whore, as far as the iPad's limited RAM is concerned, and although I will miss that interactive online content I have grown so accustomed to, there is always room for dedicated applications to host that specialized content.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Scratches? Really?

We have about 20 iPads in the office and 4 times as many iPhones. Virtually none have screen protectors and in a recent review for just this reason we found no scratches on any screens... Some are original iPads - heavily used - some are iPhone 3GS

I take my own iPad everywhere and have used one heavily since the first units shipped and have never seen a scratch either.

-t

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let's not turn this thread into a pointless argument about scratches on screens. If you wish to discuss such minor cosmetic issues, please start your own thread.

Back on topic, please...

nrdh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sunny day said:
I too would like either a USB or memory card slot. And a easy way to use something like Open Office on both PC and iPad and to move files back and forth.

Yes this is a pain. Need a better way to share files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts