What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Business - game discussion

Liberty land

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I lost my warehouse! Was sending stuff and then suddenly it is gone. I have reported but what a night mare. Kinda puts the game on hold.

This is the response I got....then they closed ticket. Their solution did not work so I sent another ticket. They gave me the exact same response. And closed ticket. Still not fixed. But now unable to restore.

.To let the fixes come in force in your game, please perform the following activities: 1. Check your Internet-connection on the device. 2. Launch the game to see the Restore window suggesting to load one of your game profiles listed. That is the optimal solution found to settle the problem. 3. Choose the file marked with the date before the problem occurred in your game. In case the one you have taken doesn't help, don't worry - you will have 4 attempts to find the necessary save file. To see the offer again, just reboot the game by closing it completely and then opening again. Please, check the article to make sure you close the game in a proper manner: http://helpdesk.game-insight.com/entries/20667353-How-should-I-exit-the-game-

fatacad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some people reset their games and it's working

My game still isnt

I received a response from support, they told me to log back in and choose a restore point for my game before the glitch. So I logged back in, there were about 10 restore points and NONE were before the glitch. So none of them worked. When I try to tell them this they keep sending me the same thing that the first one said and closing my tickets. There were also some restore points on my game that would completely reset it to a new game, and those were apparently created in December of "1969".

Nisota

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Keeping your BB city running is a lot like owning an old VW bug, you know, where you have to reach under the dash and twist wires together every time you want to start it. And once you get it running you make it to the end of the block where it just dies in the intersection.

SteveGPI

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, anyone experienced this problem yet (and it's unrelated, as far as I can tell, to the recent Nessie issue). I just reopened my game to find that I'm suddenly in the red, population-wise. I recall having a population of 950000+, but it's now down to 949353, and my population is actually at 949998. That has all the indications of something either having been put into storage (checked, not the case), or having been demolished, as I can't see how the actual population could be so far in excess to what my happiness level dictates I can have. I've been scrutinising my town for at least 20 minutes, and there's absolutely nothing I can see that's missing, ie that might have accidentally have been demolished. There's just nothing out of place. But this all seems to have kicked in since the Thanksgiving event started (ie. turkeys wandering around the city).

I hope it's not another GI turkey like Nessie...

:-(

Steve
player name: SteveGP city: Hanham

ForrestCody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Okay, anyone experienced this problem yet (and it's unrelated, as far as I can tell, to the recent Nessie issue). I just reopened my game to find that I'm suddenly in the red, population-wise. I recall having a population of 950000+, but it's now down to 949353, and my population is actually at 949998. That has all the indications of something either having been put into storage (checked, not the case), or having been demolished, as I can't see how the actual population could be so far in excess to what my happiness level dictates I can have. I've been scrutinising my town for at least 20 minutes, and there's absolutely nothing I can see that's missing, ie that might have accidentally have been demolished. There's just nothing out of place. But this all seems to have kicked in since the Thanksgiving event started (ie. turkeys wandering around the city).

I hope it's not another GI turkey like Nessie...

:-(

Steve
player name: SteveGP city: Hanham
You have done the things I would have done to look for the problem.i have no idea where to point you to look. All I know is now i take pics of my city when I start a big project or a new event. It has come in handy for proof of the problem on severla occasions. I just finished sending a 9 part reply (3 pics each part-anymore seems to be too big an email) because that contest of modules...keeps resetting me to zero. I happened to be doing the plaza task where I need 6 mods....took lots of pics

Stantera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am here.
Construction Task 2: Collecting Materials
Part 1 Something Burning
Complete 15 contracts (Any contract, even grain, or something done waiting to be pulled from the factory)
Extinguish 10 Fires
Part 2 Full Swing
Deliver 45 Aluminum to Warehouse
Hint: Required resources will be subtracted after the quest is completed.
(Cannot be made in advance. Any already in warehouse do not count. Do not use any or sell any even if they are already in the warehouse because they will deducted from the count and will have to be remade!)
Get 25 hammers as gifts (These MUST be in your gift box to count. Accept them to complete your task) Raise population by 15000
Part 3 New Faces
Hire 25 Engineers Hint: The required personnel will be removed upon the completion of the task. (Cannot be made in advance)
Complete 5 Tasks (complete 5 task on the left side of the Big Business screen)
Part 4 Game, Set, Match!
Collect 50 Tennis Balls Hint: You can find balls at the Tennis Courts (max out yourTennis Courtto 25. They are available to collect every 30 min)
Part 5 Maintain Your Reputation
Get 50 Concretors' Business Cards Hint: You can get the Business Cards from city residents (each uses 1 energy, 50 citizens wandering around town)(Don't expect to get a card every time)
Give your friends 15 gifts (These can be any gifts. even city credit and coin gifts also

Step 2, Task 1 - In Full Swing

45 Aluminum
Increase population 15,000

Do not need to collect 25 hammers again.
Cannot make aluminum in advanced.

JC8489

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On building the hotel, task 3, part 4:
Demo 10 level 14 or higher entertainment buildings.

You can demo tropical palms or bed of roses for this. Cheaper than the doughnut shops and have tons of silver coins.

Stantera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On building the hotel, task 3, part 4:
Demo 10 level 14 or higher entertainment buildings.

You can demo tropical palms or bed of roses for this. Cheaper than the doughnut shops and have tons of silver coins.

Cool thanks. Didnt know decorations works also. Nice option.

I put my news stands in storage and replaced them with tennis courts. Later I will take the news stands out of storage and demolish them. Hopeing it will work.

Nice to have options based on your situation.

Also for the increase population, when you start the architects, stop collecting from residential buildings and run your terminal non-stop. This will drive down your population. Do this until its 15k below your max. It takes awhile so start early. When you get to the increase population task, just collect from residential buildings for a day or so and your done. Dont have to buy buildings or clear land to increase pop. Ofcourse, if your buying entertainment buildings anyways, this wont matter. Just keep you current level below your max level by 15k.

This also worked with the tunnel if you just started that quest.

ForrestCody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Construction Task 3: Hedge is not Henderance
Part 1 Establishing Connections

Earn 200 Corporate points

Hint: You need to join a corporation

Robot must complete 10 contracts

Hint: You can find Robot in theRobotarium

Part 2 Making Money

Produce 10 Bricks

Hint: You can get bricks from theDesign Office

(Cannot be made in advance. Any already in warehouse do not count. Do not use any or sell any even if they are already in the warehouse because they will deducted from the count and will have to be remade!)

Fully load 3 ships in theCommercial Port

Hint: You don't have to load VIP containers

Part 3 Everybody Will Win

Purchase 3 regions

Provide Medical aid to your city 10 times

Part 4 It Couldn't Hurt

Deliver 35 shipments of Limestone to theWarehouse

Hint: Required resources will be subtracted after the quest is completed

Demolish 10 building level 14 or higher

This has to do with the level the buildings are available at, which you can see in the Shop. You will need those Donut Shops later! You can use free dynamite that makes the demolition cost zero and it still counts

ForrestCody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Construction Task 4: Personnel and Analysis
Part 1 Urgent Business
Produce 6 modules of any kind
Hint: Modules are produced in theResearch Center
(Make 1 prior to the beginning of this goal but do not collect the module until this goal begins)
(Making a S module is only 8 hours compared to the 1 day M module
Send 12,000 citizens on trips

Part 2 Working Up A Sweat

Hire 20 Fitters

Hint: The required personnel will be removed upon the completion of the task

Earn 120 VIP points

Part 3 Changing Seasons

Collect 45 Baseball Tickets

Hint: You can find Baseball Tickets in Baseball Court

(max out yourBaseball Courtto 60. They are available to collect every 3 hours. Happy clicking!)

Part 4 Just A Bit More

Deliver 18 batches of cables to the warehouse

Hint: Required resources will be subtracted after the quest is completed

Get 20 Trowels as Gifts

(These do NOT need to be in your gift box to count)

Part 5 Healthcare

Produce 15 batches of ceramic tiles

Hint: You can get Ceramic Tiles from theDesign Office

Help the workers

Hint: The citizens of the city won't say no if you ask them to help

(Notice the First Aide icon in this quest. Look for citizens with this smaller First Aide icon over their heads walking through the city and click on them. You need 100. Also, each uses 1 energy

ForrestCody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Construction Task 5: More Effort!
Part 1 We Built and Built Some More
Save up 1400 energy
(Collect 1400 the energy or buy batteries but remember you loose what you don't use)
Save up 2480000
This amount is different per person. Mine was 3 Mil. Also this is one of those goals that takes the money if you already have it. You do not need to save that much more) Hint: The money will be deducted at the completion of the task
Part 2 Chin Up!

Collect 40 boxes of Donuts

Hint: You can find Donuts in Donut Cafe

(max out yourDonut Cafeto 18. They are available to collect every 20 min. Happy clicking!)

I am at part 2 below I got from someone else will confirm

Part 3 xxxxxxxx Up!

Build 5 Golf Courses (5 rubies each)

Upgrade your Administration Building

Part 4 Electrify This!

Collect profit from the Pizzeria 60 times

Have 650 free electricity at your disposal

Seagoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have done the things I would have done to look for the problem.i have no idea where to point you to look. All I know is now i take pics of my city when I start a big project or a new event. It has come in handy for proof of the problem on severla occasions. I just finished sending a 9 part reply (3 pics each part-anymore seems to be too big an email) because that contest of modules...keeps resetting me to zero. I happened to be doing the plaza task where I need 6 mods....took lots of pics
Same with me; Nessie re-appeared, and the next time I opened the game: no garage, no admin centre, and no warehouse. No can use nothin'. Sent ticket, advised to go to saved game to load; the only appropriate saved game left me well behind, and I have just discovered today all my saved bronze gears and lenses are gone. Another ticket; Oh, the joy. Love the analogy to keeping a beloved old Beatle going!

Seagoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As to these saved games, when are they saved? From my experience now, I am presuming it is when you shut down your iPad. I have an iPad2 which at times (well, most of the time) has difficulty visiting friends, When BB gets un-usable, I make sure it is quit from the background (along with anything else) and restart the iPad. Looking back, it seems that the saved game I used was the last time I restarted. Should we be shutting down each day?

Most reactions

Latest posts