What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Background music

Redvers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone help please - I'm new to iPads? I have a New iPad 3 and would like to listen to music when surfing the net, handling emails, etc. but can't fathom out how to do this. Please note I am very new to iPads so baby steps necessary!

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
1) Put music on iPad
2) Launch Music App
3) Select song and play it.
4) Press home button once.
5) Continue to use iPad normally :D

toprobber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi.

Not sure if in right place
Can't send emails from aol acct on my iPad 3. Deleted accts twice. Rebooted iPad still not working
Message states unable to send mail the recipient does not allow relaying. Message in outbox
Yet I can send the emails to that person from my pc
Help

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Can someone help please - I'm new to iPads? I have a New iPad 3 and would like to listen to music when surfing the net, handling emails, etc. but can't fathom out how to do this. Please note I am very new to iPads so baby steps necessary!

Hi Redvers - welcome to the forum! :)

Skull One's numbered explanation is all that needs to be done; but just another slant as a suggestion - if not already done, download the Pandora app, sign up for an account, and then setup some 'personal channels' based on your interests - by following the same process, you can stream internet radio (of course this assumes you have a Wi-Fi connection) - when I cook out and we eat on the porch where I have a small stereo system w/ an iPod Touch docking station - I just stream our music from Pandora - works great! Good luck.

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Redvers - welcome to the forum! :)

Skull One's numbered explanation is all that needs to be done; but just another slant as a suggestion - if not already done, download the Pandora app, sign up for an account, and then setup some 'personal channels' based on your interests - by following the same process, you can stream internet radio (of course this assumes you have a Wi-Fi connection) - when I cook out and we eat on the porch where I have a small stereo system w/ an iPod Touch docking station - I just stream our music from Pandora - works great! Good luck.

Very good suggestion! I am going to have to do that one now.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's one I did earlier. This will play Pink Floyd 24 hours a day through Safari.

KevinJS said:
As you may be aware, your iPad is capable of playing streamed content. Simply type the URL into Safari, and the stream will play while you are busy doing other stuff.

Here's an example. http://streaming202.radionomy.com/pinkfloydteguz

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts