What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speakers starting to buzz while listening to digital radio.

Ultraozzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My relatively new I pad 3 is having speaker troubles. The speakers are not handling some bass sounds and there is an offputting buzzing sound which seems to tell me the speakers are on the way out......This I pad was bought in May.....about 3 months ago. Internet radio has the biggest issue when people talk.....music isnt so bad but I can notice the buzz in the bass notes. How to fix this?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you can hear it no matter the source, I suggest you take it to an Apple store and let them listen to it. Or take the problem ti Apple via whatever means you have.

Note that some sources are worse than others and it can be the source that is the problem, not the speakers. I'm not saying that is the case, as I cannot hear your device.

OP
U

Ultraozzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. Its getting worse. Playing music and the bass notes vibrate.....

I am in a different country than where I bought it. Wonder what excuses I will get now.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Given that the speakers in the iPad are of quite low quality compared to any sort of ear but or headphone, I never use them. Once, and had the experience you did. Earbuds from my iPod ever since.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have a look at Settings/Music/EQ and see if you have Bass Booster set. If so, try setting the EQ to Flat and see if that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts