What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you buying the iPad 2?

Are you buying an iPad 2?

• Yes, Definitely!

Votes: 389 75.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 14.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 56 10.8%

• Total voters

lennywc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope

This should be called the ipad1.5
The real iPad 2 will be released in September. That is the one I will buy .
.96 megapixels huh? What a joke! A bad joke. Shame on Steve for trying to slip that camera thru as a high res camera .
Did not publish the megapix because they did not think it was important.
Yeah sure and I have some land to sell you.
Oh and the ram was not important either I suppose? Originally they left that out of their specs.
Saaaaleeeazzzy!!!

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a first time iPad purchaser I'm buying the 32 wifi only tablet.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm definitely not getting the iPad2, but I will be scouring CL for a cheap used 16GB WiFi version of the first generation unit. My daughter rarely lets me use mine anymore so a cheap second iPad would be great.

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The real iPad 2 will be released in September.
I'm highly skeptical of this. In Steve's own words at the unveiling, the iPad2 sets a new bar for tablets (or something to that effect) for a long time to come. Emphasis on long time to come.
Apple are masters at timing their product releases at just the right time where we want something new but won't be mad at them for making the previous one obsolete so soon. It wouldn't make much sense to do all of this to the iPad now and then turn around and release yet another one in six months.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple are masters at timing their product releases at just the right time where we want something new but won't be mad at them for making the previous one obsolete so soon. It wouldn't make much sense to do all of this to the iPad now and then turn around and release yet another one in six months.

At this point, Apple (if they are as savvy as we know them to be) would have a long-term release plan for each of their products, and up to a point, as nothing is ever carved in stone, I'm sure they move that schedule around depending on all kinds of factors such as market developments, product readiness, production capability, and so on.

So even though there are "rumours" (and don't doubt for a moment where all these rumours come from) that yet another version of iPad may emerge in six months' time, until Apple reaches their "go-or-no-go" milestone to gear up production and ship product, anything can happen.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
David79 said:
Someone needs to stop me lol I was one of the ones saying I would not get rid of mine just to get the ipad2 because of a camera, but now knowing what else it has, ugh I really want the ipad2!! lol

- Builds a steel-fence around David, locks the door and throws the key away -

LMAO Thank you! =)

EmilG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Then buy Android simple answer and you will get flash ... But guarantee you will find some thing on that platform you will not like.

The simplest answer is keep my iPad, I still love it.
I knew flash was not available, I'm not complaining, just making it mandatory on my next device.
I have workarounds but would prefer to get it directly.

Mipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
in my view the medicine against crazy depending on new technology products is tp buy (if needed) 1 year yes, 1 not = 1 product yes, 1 update not, 1 yes

imho the middle product is almost never a huge step
so for example the Ipad2 is a good buy for who doesnt' have it at all (ipad 1)
but it's not such an huge buy for owners of previous version

a part, obviously, who's got a lot of money and can afford to buy 99 different versions just for fun :)

ofcourse Jobs (but also all the big producers of the world) would love WE to buy every edition.

ps: but if you need a second ipad for family reasons, then it's a good choice (while it is not just to upgrade the first one)

Last edited:

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad 2 will be my first Apple device. But can't decide on black or white, which 3G carrier, and if I need 64GB over 32GB! :confused: I heard white will help mask fingerprints easier. I heard AT&T's 3G service is faster than Verizon, but not as much coverage. And then there's the Smart Cover color - arrgghhh! :eek:

Reaction score
Rambler358 said:
The iPad 2 will be my first Apple device. But can't decide on black or white, which 3G carrier, and if I need 64GB over 32GB! :confused: I heard white will help mask fingerprints easier. I heard AT&T's 3G service is faster than Verizon, but not as much coverage. And then there's the Smart Cover color - arrgghhh! :eek:

Whether white or black masks fingerprints easier is fairly irrelevant, as most of the fingerprints will be directly on the screen and therefore be visible to the same degree on both versions.

Regarding the provider, it would be best to search online for the provider that supplies the best 3g service in the area you will use the iPad most often.

Gen from Oz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, I can't see it offers all that much more. My 64GB is only 4 months old and does everything I want.

Gen from Oz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't understand the new camera additions at all. I would never use my iPad for taking photos, my Android Smartphone takes sufficient hi-res pictures with a flash should I need it. The ipad's form is too bulky to use as a camera.

Absolutely agree! I saw camera option and thought - what for???

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, if the camera is good enough (and that is starting to sound unlikely) you can take pictures of documents for annotation. OCR and other document importing apps would probably be right around the corner. A quick and dirty take a picture and FAX app would be nice for dealing with old fashioned companies.

As it is the camera will probably still be sufficient for adding pictures to inventory style apps and scanning bar and QR cods for a variety of applications.

Yes, my phone camera is better and easier to use, but it's also more steps to get anything into the iPad. For just taking pictures, no big deal. But when using apps that can use the video and pictures as data, a major inconvenience.

The biggest thing about the camera is how it is likely to stir the creativity of developers. I'll be looking to see what other more imaginative people than me come up with.

That said, if you can't see a use for the camera now, don't get it. Even if something new/cool comes up, a year isn't all that long to wait to upgrade to a maybe.

Most reactions

Latest posts