What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you buying the iPad 2?

Are you buying an iPad 2?

• Yes, Definitely!

Votes: 389 75.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 14.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 56 10.8%

• Total voters
Reaction score
The camera does have an appeal.

Just today, a video camera would have been really helpful. I was chatting with a friend on how to fix a bike. As it was hard to describe the details, we switched to video call, at which point I had to pull out my laptop, position it near the bike and then hope that the VGA camera was good enough to show the problem. With the iPad 2, I could have just switched to the 720p camera.

I believe that there is a lot of potential for this type of remote help. It is so convenient: You bring up some topic while chatting and then just switch to video to discuss it. A PC or laptop is too bulky for this task, but an iPad is portable enough.

Perhaps this could be done with an iPod touch, iPhone as well, but since I own neither, the iPad 2 suddenly has a large appeal.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yep, another good use. While the phone would be more mobile/available, the iPad offers an easy to see screen, which could be vital, depending on what you are trying to show.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iPad 2 will be my first Apple device. But can't decide on black or white, which 3G carrier, and if I need 64GB over 32GB! :confused: I heard white will help mask fingerprints easier. I heard AT&T's 3G service is faster than Verizon, but not as much coverage. And then there's the Smart Cover color - arrgghhh! :eek:

I prefer that black because it blends with the display when it's off, so that the iPad is just this featureless black panel.

Mipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Camera is handy for people who lives far away (relatives)
the time for long distance 'only' voice call are over, an Ipad with Camera may simplify and enrich the contact without the need of having (eventually) a big PC-MAC with external wires (webcam) and mouse and keyboard and whatever extra that needs.

it's not an useless toy for kids (the camera in the ipod) you might NOT need it, some other people might :) (like me, living abroad)

iBean

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I've about decided to spend a few bucks and buy the 2 new advertised programs, Garage Band and iMovie. I have an iMac with Garage Band that is about 3 years old, so the newly designed program for the iPad is probably going to knock my socks off.
I'm wondering if anyone knows if I can transfer my existing AT&T internet service that I have for my iPad to a new iPad? I got in on the unlimited service plan for $30 a month, and don't want to give that up.

xultar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only reason I'm getting one is that I need more storage. I got the 3G 32 and I'm going to go ahead and get the ipad 2 3G 64. I'm gonna give my old one to my mom.

But I'll wait till June to get it. Maybe they will have refurbs by then.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, planning on taking the plunge. Lack of camera for video calls was main thing that kept me from buying the first gen.

Trying to decide whether to order online or just try my luck at 6 or 7 pm. My girlfriend got one on the original launch hours after sales started. We have 5 or so Apple stores in the metro area here so that helps. I can't get there to line up or anything as I can't get out of work until after 5 that day.

Leaning toward just ordering online Thursday night and not worrying about it, though I would like to have the weekend to set it up and play around with it.

Will get a black, 32 GB wifi model.

jhood2323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only reason I'm getting one is that I need more storage. I got the 3G 32 and I'm going to go ahead and get the ipad 2 3G 64. I'm gonna give my old one to my mom.

But I'll wait till June to get it. Maybe they will have refurbs by then.

YOUR RICH:mad:

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I rented my 3g 64gb iPad 1 for $21 per month since last Spring. I will definitely be in line Friday for the new model.

I love the original, but it was just pushed to the edge of what it could do for photography and midi music apps. Faster processor and much faster graphics will really open the creative floodgates for app developers! :)

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd like to have the latest, but I'd feel ridiculous buying a new one when this one is only 4 months old.

I wonder if my wife might want this one…..Must remember to ask :D.

Trav29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I will be getting one. I do not currently own any tablet and I never have. So this will be a first.

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If for NO other reason, I don't have to share with my kids *AND* I get to double the ram. I can actually keep stuff open and have some extra RAM left to do ANYTHING...

Most reactions

Latest posts