Are you buying the iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by iDan, Mar 2, 2011.

?

Are you buying an iPad 2?

1. Yes, Definitely!

389 vote(s)
    75.1%
  2. No

73 vote(s)
    14.1%
  3. Undecided

56 vote(s)
    10.8%
  1. DontUnderstandMyIpad

DontUnderstandMyIpad
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Whether white or black masks fingerprints easier is fairly irrelevant, as most of the fingerprints will be directly on the screen and therefore be visible to the same degree on both versions.

Regarding the provider, it would be best to search online for the provider that supplies the best 3g service in the area you will use the iPad most often.

2. marcus22

marcus22
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Yes i am getting the new ipad, can't wait

3. Gen from Oz

Gen from Oz
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Yep, I can't see it offers all that much more. My 64GB is only 4 months old and does everything I want.

4. Gen from Oz

Gen from Oz
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:

5. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Well, if the camera is good enough (and that is starting to sound unlikely) you can take pictures of documents for annotation. OCR and other document importing apps would probably be right around the corner. A quick and dirty take a picture and FAX app would be nice for dealing with old fashioned companies.

As it is the camera will probably still be sufficient for adding pictures to inventory style apps and scanning bar and QR cods for a variety of applications.

Yes, my phone camera is better and easier to use, but it's also more steps to get anything into the iPad. For just taking pictures, no big deal. But when using apps that can use the video and pictures as data, a major inconvenience.

The biggest thing about the camera is how it is likely to stir the creativity of developers. I'll be looking to see what other more imaginative people than me come up with.

That said, if you can't see a use for the camera now, don't get it. Even if something new/cool comes up, a year isn't all that long to wait to upgrade to a maybe.

6. DontUnderstandMyIpad

DontUnderstandMyIpad
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    The camera does have an appeal.

Just today, a video camera would have been really helpful. I was chatting with a friend on how to fix a bike. As it was hard to describe the details, we switched to video call, at which point I had to pull out my laptop, position it near the bike and then hope that the VGA camera was good enough to show the problem. With the iPad 2, I could have just switched to the 720p camera.

I believe that there is a lot of potential for this type of remote help. It is so convenient: You bring up some topic while chatting and then just switch to video to discuss it. A PC or laptop is too bulky for this task, but an iPad is portable enough.

Perhaps this could be done with an iPod touch, iPhone as well, but since I own neither, the iPad 2 suddenly has a large appeal.

#46 DontUnderstandMyIpad, Mar 6, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  7. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Yep, another good use. While the phone would be more mobile/available, the iPad offers an easy to see screen, which could be vital, depending on what you are trying to show.

8. epb

epb
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I prefer that black because it blends with the display when it's off, so that the iPad is just this featureless black panel.

9. Mipad2

Mipad2
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Camera is handy for people who lives far away (relatives)
    the time for long distance 'only' voice call are over, an Ipad with Camera may simplify and enrich the contact without the need of having (eventually) a big PC-MAC with external wires (webcam) and mouse and keyboard and whatever extra that needs.

it's not an useless toy for kids (the camera in the ipod) you might NOT need it, some other people might :) (like me, living abroad)

10. iBean

iBean
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:

I've about decided to spend a few bucks and buy the 2 new advertised programs, Garage Band and iMovie. I have an iMac with Garage Band that is about 3 years old, so the newly designed program for the iPad is probably going to knock my socks off.
    I'm wondering if anyone knows if I can transfer my existing AT&T internet service that I have for my iPad to a new iPad? I got in on the unlimited service plan for $30 a month, and don't want to give that up.