What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you buying the iPad 2?

Are you buying an iPad 2?

• Yes, Definitely!

Votes: 389 75.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 14.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 56 10.8%

• Total voters

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that Apple has finally announced the iPad2 and we know all of the new hardware / software features... Will you be purchasing the iPad 2 when it's released?

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most definitely. Especially with the prices staying the same. Glad I waited.

OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Poll added!

Nick Burns

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I won an iPad and the wife won an iPod in a contest this past January. I immediately returned them to an Apple store for full price = all totaled to $829, and would you look at that, it's the same price as an iPad 2. So yes, I'll definitely be getting an iPad 2.

jthessin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with most others

Not enough upgrades to warrant the purchase at this time.
My dream is 128Gb and retina
I love the fact that the new Digital output dongle is backwards compatible with iPad1

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think iPad 2 looks sweet, but as someone who just got mine in November, for me, nope. If I did heavy duty gaming and all that might benefit from the faster processor, that would be one thing but since I don't, nope. But it's cool to see it come out next week! go iPad! woo hoo!

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm very satisfied with my current device - so not yet. Bring on the iPad 3...

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad is not 8 months old yet, and still needs to go to the Apple store for warranty as I have some LED bleed threw. in 3 spots of the screen.

Faster\lighter\thinner sounds good, but mine is paid for. I'll wait for the next version next year.

jthessin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jthessin said:
Not enough upgrades to warrant the purchase at this time.
My dream is 128Gb and retina
I love the fact that the new Digital output dongle is backwards compatible with iPad1

Mirroring is only supported on iPad 2.

According to the apple web site when you look at the supported devices ipad 1 is listed.
I dont need mirroring per se but being able to output via HDMI is way better than component or composite or VGA

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a Scoche VGA cable from Amazon for 25$ that works great. However I really got this for a 1st Gen iPod touch to play video and stream from AirVideo.

I got an Apple TV that handles all the TV video fun, if needed.

1million

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got my Ipad last week (Bday gift from my wife) so I will be returning my Ipad tomorrow and will wait for the Ipad 2.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got my Ipad last week (Bday gift from my wife) so I will be returning my Ipad tomorrow and will wait for the Ipad 2.

Good luck. If the price is dropped in the store to the new price, typically that is all you will get back.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
As soon as I can scrape the money together.

This has the speed boost and cameras I wanted. Of course I'm gambling on the apps I want becoming available, but since most of them already exist for the iPhone 4 it's not much of a gamble.

Most reactions

Latest posts