What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you buying the iPad 2?

Are you buying an iPad 2?

• Yes, Definitely!

Votes: 389 75.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 14.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 56 10.8%

• Total voters

danrivito

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Picked up an iPad wifi model a few weeks ago... after realizing the wifi model didn't have A-GPS, I sent it back.

I'll be getting a 3g iPad2 next week.

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is less than a week old. I could return it and get the iPad 2 but that seems like a hassle. I'm thinking that will cost more in time and hassle. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Pass - in addition to my other issues with Apple, the lack of increased storage is a huge disappointment.

My gf, on the other hand, called to say she plans to have the new one by next week... ;)

Av8orCree

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got mine as a bday gift in November. It does all need so I see no benefit in upgrading. Maybe next year when part 3 is released.

Malpeli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't understand the new camera additions at all. I would never use my iPad for taking photos, my Android Smartphone takes sufficient hi-res pictures with a flash should I need it. The ipad's form is too bulky to use as a camera.

What would have made sense was for Apple to put the hi-res sensor on the screen side for hi-res FaceTime. That would have made a lot more sense. Instead Apple has gone and followed it's competitors (who will offer much higher resolution sensors in their products). As it is I would never use the camera features and my iPad 1 does everything I need it to do brilliantly. Upgrading seems pointless unless you're a hardcore gamer.

iPad 3 wish list
1) High resolution FaceTime camera
2) Retina Display
3) 16:10 aspect ratio
4) True multi-tasking
5) Safari tabs
6) 4G support

kidnice15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
still on the fence about getting the ipad 2, I just got my ipad in January, Do I really need all the new features the Ipad2 has.. thinking

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most Definitely!

I will be buying an iPad 2 in black with a leather SmartCover.. now to decide between the dark blue, black, or the tan.

Our family was at least one iPad short anyways, with all of us taking turns using our current iPad. It will be nice having my own iPad again, lol

adamcarts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've only had mine since November and very happy with it. For me, there is no reason to upgrade at the moment, I will wait for 3.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Will go for the dark blue leather myself.
Want that camera for all those scraps of paper on my desk. Bang straight into evernote on the way to the waste basket.

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Steve Jobs did the one thing that could get me hooked on the
ipad 2. He focused on video editing. I am hooked, lined and sinkered.

brlowe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only getting the iPad 2 because my wife wants an iPad. If not for that we would just stay with the ipad1 as there is not enough change for an upgrade.

Lavenderlady*w*iPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No, this is the year I switch from pc to Mac. My money is going to that. My iPad is only a bit over 6 months old and does everything I need for now. I never really planned on upgrading to the iPad 2 anyway..... I'll wait for 3!

Sent from my 16GB wifi iPad using iPF

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Someone needs to stop me lol I was one of the ones saying I would not get rid of mine just to get the ipad2 because of a camera, but now knowing what else it has, ugh I really want the ipad2!! lol

Most reactions

Latest posts