What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you buying the iPad 2?

Are you buying an iPad 2?

• Yes, Definitely!

Votes: 389 75.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 14.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 56 10.8%

• Total voters

j1999t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I officially ordered my iPad 2 Wifi 32gb Black on June 8th, 2011, with an estimated shipping date of June 22 and estimated delivery date of June 28th. Its a long time to wait, but its the only way ill get one in my area for a while. I have noticed that some people are getting their iPad's a week earlier than the shipping/delivery dates say, how common is this?

Macette

iPF Novice
Reaction score
j1999t said:
I officially ordered my iPad 2 Wifi 32gb Black on June 8th, 2011, with an estimated shipping date of June 22 and estimated delivery date of June 28th. Its a long time to wait, but its the only way ill get one in my area for a while. I have noticed that some people are getting their iPad's a week earlier than the shipping/delivery dates say, how common is this?

You may be surprised I got mine a full 12 days sooner than they estimated. Still waiting on the smart cover but so glad I got the iPad first lol. It has hardly been out of my hands since. Love it !

j1999t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
j1999t said:

You may be surprised I got mine a full 12 days sooner than they estimated. Still waiting on the smart cover but so glad I got the iPad first lol. It has hardly been out of my hands since. Love it !

Well i have a feeling im not going to be that lucky, life likes making me wait... lol, any personal app recommendations besides the obvious?

j1999t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i just ordered a navy leather smart cover and a SwitchEasy Coverbuddy in navy color match (CoverBuddyâ„¢ For iPad 2 - SwitchEasy) as well, hopefully the ipad 2 will arrive close to when the cover and back come. ill post a review of the switcheasy coverbuddy when i get it in. ill also be installing a zagg invisishield on the front of the ipad 2

Macette

iPF Novice
Reaction score
j1999t said:
i just ordered a navy leather smart cover and a SwitchEasy Coverbuddy in navy color match (CoverBuddy™ For iPad 2 - SwitchEasy) as well, hopefully the ipad 2 will arrive close to when the cover and back come. ill post a review of the switcheasy coverbuddy when i get it in. ill also be installing a zagg invisishield on the front of the ipad 2

I ordered the red leather smart cover, don't think I will bother using the screen protector thing the screen cleans really easy without it. I picked up a gel back cover just a cheap one but don't think it's going to work with the smart cover so will probably have to invest in something a bit dearer. I have been really enjoying the iPad it's suppose to be shared with husband but he hasn't had a chance yet, it has not left my mitts lol. The iPhone apps are disappointing when you enlarge them so I'm trying to go through and get iPad only apps, they are amazing I'm taking the iPhone ones off. I hope they do make iPad versions of everything eventually.I found a good facebook app called Friendly for Facebook. It's quite good and you can flip to the web version on it. I put Pulse on it a reader which I have never used before so I will try that for awhile. I have found some iPad versions of Mac sites like Macworld and Macmost they are good and TUAW. But the games for iPad are just brilliant. It won't be long till you get yours hopefully post what you put on yours :)

j1999t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
j1999t said:
i just ordered a navy leather smart cover and a SwitchEasy Coverbuddy in navy color match (CoverBuddyâ„¢ For iPad 2 - SwitchEasy) as well, hopefully the ipad 2 will arrive close to when the cover and back come. ill post a review of the switcheasy coverbuddy when i get it in. ill also be installing a zagg invisishield on the front of the ipad 2

I ordered the red leather smart cover, don't think I will bother using the screen protector thing the screen cleans really easy without it. I picked up a gel back cover just a cheap one but don't think it's going to work with the smart cover so will probably have to invest in something a bit dearer. I have been really enjoying the iPad it's suppose to be shared with husband but he hasn't had a chance yet, it has not left my mitts lol. The iPhone apps are disappointing when you enlarge them so I'm trying to go through and get iPad only apps, they are amazing I'm taking the iPhone ones off. I hope they do make iPad versions of everything eventually.I found a good facebook app called Friendly for Facebook. It's quite good and you can flip to the web version on it. I put Pulse on it a reader which I have never used before so I will try that for awhile. I have found some iPad versions of Mac sites like Macworld and Macmost they are good and TUAW. But the games for iPad are just brilliant. It won't be long till you get yours hopefully post what you put on yours :)

Ill definitely post whats on mine, with screenshots, i have invisishields on everything that i can, my laptop, my ipod, my phone, my logitech harmony remote, my dslr, they save my screens from scratches, i had to replace one cause of a case failure, but when i removed it, the screen was completely untouched, clean and in perfect condition.

A friend of mine showed me MyPad+ for facebook, and i seemed to like it much better than Friendly... but i will try both once i get my ipad.

I hate having to wait for it!

Macette

iPF Novice
Reaction score
j1999t said:
Ill definitely post whats on mine, with screenshots, i have invisishields on everything that i can, my laptop, my ipod, my phone, my logitech harmony remote, my dslr, they save my screens from scratches, i had to replace one cause of a case failure, but when i removed it, the screen was completely untouched, clean and in perfect condition.

A friend of mine showed me MyPad+ for facebook, and i seemed to like it much better than Friendly... but i will try both once i get my ipad.

I hate having to wait for it!

I'm off to check mypad+ will get back to u on that one

j1999t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just spoke with apple over the phone and a very nice lady (Rose) let me upgrade my shipping on the ipad 2 order, for 11 dollars for 2 day shipping, as long as it ships on the 21st, ill have it next friday! I hope it ships quicker though. Apple rules!

Macette

iPF Novice
Reaction score
j1999t said:
I just spoke with apple over the phone and a very nice lady (Rose) let me upgrade my shipping on the ipad 2 order, for 11 dollars for 2 day shipping, as long as it ships on the 21st, ill have it next friday! I hope it ships quicker though. Apple rules!

WOOOHOOOO ! That's great news. I have not put mine down since i got it . Im still trying to get rid of iPhone apps and replace with iPad only apps.
Also received an email from apple telling me to set up "find my iPad" (it's free) after doing it I find out it's not operating anymore. Grrrrrrrrrrrr. Downloaded a great app for HD wallpapers FANTASTIC! Check it out..
Hope it arrives soon :)

j1999t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope it ships soon, i really hate waiting, i currently dont have much else to do besides go to college, and wait for my ipad to get here...

j1999t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My delivery date was originally the 28th of june, before i had called in and gotten 2-3 day shipping for 11 bucks, which moved the delivery date to the 27th of june, i just looked about 2 hours ago, and it was still the 27th, as of right now, it has changed to the 29th of june... Ill be calling apple again...anyone else have this happen? if so, what did you do?

Eddieboi

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I got my Switcheasy Coverbuddy (grey) case today and my Cool Bananas cover and Power Support screen protector Anti Glare today in the mail :)

Just waiting for the iPad 2 to be dispatched by Apple now lol 23rd its meant to be sent off for a 1st July delivery, hope it comes sooner!

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wasn’t going to order one until iO5 but I’m traveling next month and I hate those boring long-ass international flights! Consequently, I ordered the darn thing’ and will make do with its current limitations. In typical OCD fashion, I opted for the full-tilt model in black with a customized VaJa case. Yes, I’m vain…:eek:

Most reactions

Latest posts