What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you buying the iPad 2?

Are you buying an iPad 2?

• Yes, Definitely!

Votes: 389 75.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 14.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 56 10.8%

• Total voters

j1999t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So heres my ipad update, it was shipped on the 17th, but was stuck (as usual it seems) in EPZ, China and the original delivery date disappeared, I spoke to UPS last night and they only told me it was in customs with no certain date when it would be released or delivered. I just spoke with Apple Technical Support, and they contacted UPS for me and found out it will be through customs today (i hope thats true), with a delivery date of this thursday, the 23rd, luckily if it delivers that day i will be able to be home to receive it. As I have seen on previous posts that had this same issue on the apple ipad 2 shipping forum thread, the apple technical support person offered me free accessories, and i asked if i could get even just a discount on a new battery for my early 2008 macbook pro 15", they checked and were able to get me the battery and a camera connection kit for FREE! which in total is worth $150 dollars in free accessories. I know it doesnt make up for the delay, but it sure helps. I will update as it progresses.

Eddieboi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
j1999t said:
So heres my ipad update, it was shipped on the 17th, but was stuck (as usual it seems) in EPZ, China and the original delivery date disappeared, I spoke to UPS last night and they only told me it was in customs with no certain date when it would be released or delivered. I just spoke with Apple Technical Support, and they contacted UPS for me and found out it will be through customs today (i hope thats true), with a delivery date of this thursday, the 23rd, luckily if it delivers that day i will be able to be home to receive it. As I have seen on previous posts that had this same issue on the apple ipad 2 shipping forum thread, the apple technical support person offered me free accessories, and i asked if i could get even just a discount on a new battery for my early 2008 macbook pro 15", they checked and were able to get me the battery and a camera connection kit for FREE! which in total is worth $150 dollars in free accessories. I know it doesnt make up for the delay, but it sure helps. I will update as it progresses.

I hope mine comes thursday too then! Theres not much info on my order and I think another problem is because it's 2 separate orders as I ordered a smart cover and a sim to come with the order.

I still can't use the reference tracking number to track my order.

Eddieboi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't even get any proper tracking info. All I have is "in transit to customer"

Inception

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most definitely. Didnt buy 1, so I'll buy 2, and the two camera's is a nice touch.

Just need $300......

m_wheeler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bought mine from walmart yesterday using the find one app, so far very satisfied with the iPad and it's capabilities, haven't touched my MacBook pro besides syncing

j1999t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mine has arrived in anchorage finally!

Last Location:
Arrived - Anchorage, AK, United States, Tuesday, 06/21/2011

Location Date Local Time ActivityWhat's This?
Anchorage, AK, United States 06/21/2011 1:15 P.M. Arrival Scan
Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong 06/21/2011 9:19 P.M. Departure Scan
Chengdu, China 06/21/2011 6:00 A.M. Departure Scan
EPZ, China 06/17/2011 11:00 P.M. Departure Scan

06/17/2011 8:05 A.M. Origin Scan
China 06/17/2011 12:47 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

j1999t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Location Date Local Time ActivityWhat's This?
Louisville, KY, United States 06/22/2011 5:16 A.M. The scheduled connection was missed.
06/22/2011 2:17 A.M. Arrival Scan
Anchorage, AK, United States 06/21/2011 3:58 P.M. Departure Scan
06/21/2011 1:15 P.M. Arrival Scan
Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong 06/21/2011 9:19 P.M. Departure Scan
Chengdu, China 06/21/2011 6:00 A.M. Departure Scan
EPZ, China 06/17/2011 11:00 P.M. Departure Scan
06/17/2011 8:05 A.M. Origin Scan
China 06/17/2011 12:47 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

j1999t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just spoke with UPS and apple, now i know why you guys that have the shipments still in china or anchorage... they wont release the shipment without the ENTIRE shipment there, so even though it has cleared customs in China, it apparently has to clear customs here too, meaning a possible 4 MORE days. The apple support technician kept saying "we cant do anything till its late (the delivery date on my apple shipping notice is June 23rd (tomorrow)) and then we have to wait 3 business days to launch an investigation, we work vigorisly with the carrier to make sure all packages are delivered". I am tired of freaking delays! I hate UPS!

Eddieboi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 2 was delivered today :p delivered well before the 28th June and 1st July estimated dates!

I'm at work and finish in 10, will rush to Three to get a micro sim and data plan and then fun fun fun!

xhuntercx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i almost caved in to buying the original, but to some luck i waited and got ipad 2 for the same price of 500$

j1999t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my iPad this morning, been using it like craaaazay all day, I absolutely love it (exclamation point here)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts