What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Airprint

BBSean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still No printers found. Any ideas? Everything worked fine for install but the firewall box never popped up.

OP
S

sharpey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i followed the provided link and finally got my printers to show up on the ipad but for some reason there is a lock next to both of them and when i click on one the little wheel just spins and then goes back to a lock, the red print button on the previous screen never activates.
Any Help?

EDIT I fixed the above problem by punching a hole in the windows firewall since it didn't prompt me to. After that i got a login prompt on the ipad when attempting to print. NOTE There has to be a password on the windows user account in order to login. The ipad will not accept blank passwords.

At this point i have run into another issue when printing from some websites. I get an Error message on the computer hosting the printer that says "Not enough empty space on your hard disk"

Any Thoughts?

i got around it asking for a password by turning on the guest account in windows. you dont need to log onto the guest account to print it just needs to be switched on

OP
S

sharpey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still No printers found. Any ideas? Everything worked fine for install but the firewall box never popped up.

Did you follow the instruction on the link Rcairncross76 provided?

tluv00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can I tell if it's actually Airprint or was there never a printing capability before the update.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nice thing about that site is that it gives Mac instructions as well as providing links for the quick download. Just read the comments for extra info.
Used successfully with both win7 and osx here.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score

The extra step I had to make was to go into program files and double click on the AirPrint.exe file That got me the popup and evrything worked after that...except my printer was out of ink. :eek:

Hossambey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 4.2.1 installed and I can't find this airprint is it a app u have to download from the app store because I can't find it.

It's a part of the os. Open a document, email or web page and press the box with an arrow pointing right. At the bottom it says print. If you have a capable printer or have enabled AirPrint in osx 10.6.5 you can now print from your iPad or iPhone, it is extremely useful!
how do you enable Airprint on OS 10.6.5

fergy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
funny now that link seems to have gone dead but got mine working fine now

iPadster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an Epson workforce 610 and am using print central with it.

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They are selling it like it's a feature when it's something that's only available to a small handful of customers.

Most reactions

Latest posts