What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Airprint?

Ludzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The main thing I'm looking forward to in 4.2 is airprint. After reading the many threads regarding the 4.2 betas I understand that air print isn't actually working yet. Will apple release a osx undate 10.6.5??? The only reason I ask is that I'm running 10.6.3. As anything higher and my printer (samsung clp 315) only prints 1 document at a time then I have to switch it off to reset. I know this is down to poor osx support from samsung but if a osx update is required to allow air print to work I'm stump as I don't think I will be able to use it.

Cheers

Ludzy

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi unfortunately yes the Mac os will be upgraded. It is a Samsung issue not so much Apple .

Samsung provides the drivers to apple for there printers just like any other printer manufactures If Samsung chooses not to supply new drivers for the latest os that means the printer is obsolete. This is not uncommon in the industry and it applys to windows computers as well. Their may be alternatives and from what i can understand air print will work with a variety of printers.

I would do a wait and see as until you install the new os you really will not know. It is quite possible that Samsung will release new drivers. I believe the new os will be LION This announcement will be this coming Wednesday

Hope this helps

Last edited:
OP
L

Ludzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah i had 10.6.4 but had to reinstall everything and move back to 10.6.3 to get my printer to work fine. Hopefully samsung will pull there finger out and update the drivers.

Cheers

Most reactions

Latest posts