What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Airprint

sharpey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had airprint working with the last BETA (not GM) and itunes 10.1 beta but having just installed the release of 10.1 it not longer works, when the beta ran for the 1st time it asked if i wanted to turn on airprint but the full release doesnt so has it really been scrapped like some people are claiming?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no latest beta...the GM 4.2.1 is the latest beta if you will...and yes airprint works perfectly...I've used it many times lately.

fergy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 4.2.1 installed and I can't find this airprint is it a app u have to download from the app store because I can't find it.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 4.2.1 installed and I can't find this airprint is it a app u have to download from the app store because I can't find it.

It's a part of the os. Open a document, email or web page and press the box with an arrow pointing right. At the bottom it says print. If you have a capable printer or have enabled AirPrint in osx 10.6.5 you can now print from your iPad or iPhone, it is extremely useful!

fergy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've not got a mac only windoz or Linux can it be enabled on them.

fergy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no only got Epsom sx600 never mind thanks for the help bud.

OP
S

sharpey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've not got a mac only windoz or Linux can it be enabled on them.

well i had it working on windows with itunes 10.1 beta and IOS4.2 beta 3 but since i installed the release version of itunes it no longer works

tonidale

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Print central?

Hi All,
Just wondering if Print Central works with the HP Photosmart C309 I have now, will Airprint be compatible with my printer. Thanks in advance!

Jmcsmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i followed the provided link and finally got my printers to show up on the ipad but for some reason there is a lock next to both of them and when i click on one the little wheel just spins and then goes back to a lock, the red print button on the previous screen never activates.
Any Help?

EDIT I fixed the above problem by punching a hole in the windows firewall since it didn't prompt me to. After that i got a login prompt on the ipad when attempting to print. NOTE There has to be a password on the windows user account in order to login. The ipad will not accept blank passwords.

At this point i have run into another issue when printing from some websites. I get an Error message on the computer hosting the printer that says "Not enough empty space on your hard disk"

Any Thoughts?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts