What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Airprint

AnyWho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"Not enough empty space on your hard disk"

i followed the provided link and finally got my printers to show up on the ipad but for some reason there is a lock next to both of them and when i click on one the little wheel just spins and then goes back to a lock, the red print button on the previous screen never activates.
Any Help?

EDIT I fixed the above problem by punching a hole in the windows firewall since it didn't prompt me to. After that i got a login prompt on the ipad when attempting to print. NOTE There has to be a password on the windows user account in order to login. The ipad will not accept blank passwords.

At this point i have run into another issue when printing from some websites. I get an Error message on the computer hosting the printer that says "Not enough empty space on your hard disk"

Any Thoughts?

I had the same "Not enough empty space on your hard disk" issue.

Most likely this message is displayed whenever printing fails. So, your issue might not be the same as mine.

I did a little playing around and found out can get additional info from the driver by running "airprint.exe" (you may need to stop the AirPrint service before running it). Extra info is printed to the airprint.exe console and in my case it turns out extra dialog boxes were being displayed for multi-page documents. These extra dialogs don't get displayed when run as a service.

Turned out the the problem was that "Double-sided" defaults to ON for AirPrint on iPad/iPhone. Since my printer doesn't automatically do double sided this causes extra dialog boxes to appear.

I was able to fix the problem for my printer by simply turning off "Double-sided" printing in the iPad/iPhone Printer Options screen.

Most reactions