What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ZaggFolio for iPad 3

Mmracing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL. Shame about the case getting tore up but funny.

BTW... I got my ZAGGfolio yesterday and I love the quality. I have the ZAGG screen protector on my iPad and I do see the marks the keyboard bumpers put on the screen. A little irritating but I know the bumper are there for a reason.

Last edited:

kippyw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too love my ZaggFolio. I have the black graphite looking case. Case seems solid enough to carry around (I don't have cats) :)
Yes, the keyboard does take a tap or two to turn back on after an idle period, but I never thought of this as a bother. I'm sure it saves battery since this battery supposedly lasts over a month.

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cats. Not cars. However cats are intelligent. We had to put child proof locks on our water faucets for our Siamese because he had the habit of turning the water on to just watch it run. He also watched me eject DVDs.. Guess what he can do now if the machine is accidently left on?

I see these apps and know if I allowed them near my iPad once (or anything for that matter) they will go back for more and see it as a toy. So I never tempt them. However one does hate my iPhone. When I'm on it he likes to try to head butt it.

Mmracing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update... above I posted about my new ZAGGfolio making marks on the invisableSHIELD screen protector... well today I opened the ZAGGfolio case and one of the rubber bumpers on the keyboard stretched and distorted the screen protector. I have written ZAGG about my displeasure and told them I would request a warrenty replacement but THEY will have to pay for the shipping because one of their products damaged it.

Xploit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just recently got mine directly from Zagg. Personally I think it's more than acceptable for what it is. I'm very critical of keyboard feel as a bad one could easily make a really good product feel cheap. The ZF's keyboard is scaled down smaller yet has excellent tactile feel in terms of typing. The keys are of a chiclet design with a lot of springiness to them. I like the shortcut buttons on the top row and based on how I was formerly using an Apple Bluetooth Wireless, this new unit seems like an improvement.

The case material looks like carbon fiber (at least the one I ordered) and I expected it to be very cheap looking but I honestly don't think it's all that bad with a nice texture to it. I don't believe this compares to the durability offered by the Otterbox but the ZF isn't designed for that. The keyboard is the greatest feature but charging it requires you to slide it out to access the micro USB port. I thought this would be a bad thing but in all honesty, it doesn't require frequent charging to begin with and I combine the charging times with my preventative maintenance (cleaning the ipad and keyboard) so it's all good.

The viewing angle is great even though it's only 1 angle. The locking clip that holds the case closed has some reviews stating it's very hard to work with but if you work the keyboard portion to slide away from the clip rather to pull on the clip itself, it easily snaps on and off.

kippyw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Xploit... I've been changing the viewing angle on my Zaggfolio identical to yours by sliding the ipad out and inch or to... screen lays flatter.

Xploit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes that's something I discovered by accident but thanks for the tip. Personally I like the default viewing angle.

Most reactions