What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Regarding the Stock iPad 3 Charger

chokem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the amps of the charger is that comes with the IP3? I had an IP1 with a Griffin charger and it seemed to charge faster than my 3. Griffin makes a 10 watt charger, would I be better off with it or stick to the issued charger?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is a 10W charger...5V @ 2.1A...it is just that the iPad 3 has such a fat battery...it takes longer to charge...about 70% longer. You are not alone.

OP
C

chokem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was afraid of that. So it wouldn't be beneficial to buy a third party charger. Well, I guess I can live with that, overall a superb device.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not unless you want to have chargers at other locations, so you can keep the charge topped off. That's what I do so I don't have to be charging it from a low charge state all the time. But no, there doesn't not appear to be a way to induce some quicker charging method on the new iPad. I would be afraid to do so without some direct engineering knowledge about how it would impact overall battery life and whether it would be a fire hazard.

Most reactions

Latest posts