What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ZaggFolio for iPad 3

DeuceRon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone checked Best Buy for this Zagg? All of the stores in my area have them in stock. I walked in and picked one up. It had the sticker on the box and the number 2 in the felt, however the iPad is a very tight fit. Way too tight for my tastes. Also, if you lie it on a table and lift the iPad to close it on top of the keyboard, it will not close all the way without help.

Unfortunately, it's going back. I do have a screen protector on it, but it's a very thin one and shouldn't be the cause of the poor fit.

netsecpro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have completely lost faith in Zagg. Up until this point, I have had no problems with them, but that has since changed. I originally ordered an orange Zagg Folio and white keyboard for my ipad 3 on March 16th. I finally got it around March 30th, but after seeing the texture of the folio, I decided to request a refund because it felt cheap, unlike the blue one I had for my ipad 2. I got the return shipping label and returned it. Now today, I received my replacement Carbon Fiber folio, however it came with a black on black keyboard, where the shipping label shows a white keyboard. I just got off the phone with Zagg, and am waiting for yet another return shipping label. I have now gone almost 2 months without a case for my ipad 3, thank goodness nothing has happened to it. I am done with Zagg. I am going to be ordering a Clam Case as soon as I am done with this post. Sorry Zagg, but you have lost my business and will be telling others of my experience and advising them not to do business with you as well!

Todd M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I get it, I PROMISE to come back here and let you know about it!

I got this last night finally, and it was worth the wait! This is a great keyboard case (Clamcase) and it has performed very well in its initial paces. Very glad with the purchase, it does not affect (or touch) the Invisible Shield I have on it, and judging by what i have seen, I would still be without the Folio at this point.

thespinner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got this last night finally, and it was worth the wait! This is a great keyboard case (Clamcase) and it has performed very well in its initial paces. Very glad with the purchase, it does not affect (or touch) the Invisible Shield I have on it, and judging by what i have seen, I would still be without the Folio at this point.

Glad you like it, and that it arrived promptly. I'm loving my Zaggfolio, so it's good to know there are good choices out there. Although you need to have the patience of a saint to wait for the Zagg! Hopefully they'll catch up with the backlog. How's the Clamcase for typing? I don't touch type but can type about as fast on the Zagg as on a normal keyboard

stebro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zagg has caught up

Looks like Zagg is making progress, at least on the carbon fiber model. I placed an order for the iPad 3 version of the Zaggfolio with Zagg on Wednesday and got a shipping confirmation on Thursday.
It should arrive early next week. Last I checked, their web site shows that new orders for the carbon fiber model will ship April 30-May 1.

zkaizen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello folks
I am new to this forum, but have been following the discussion on the Zagg folio for ipad 3. I live in Western Australia, and would like to at least give people some notice that I ordered the Zagg folio for the iPad 3 - smooth leather with a silver keyboard on the 26th of March. I got an shipping notice from Zagg that it was shipped on the 27th of April. I checked their website and it seems a number of folios that were out of stock are now in stock, so I guess Zagg is finally moving forward!

Will write again once I get the folio and hopefully give my impressions. Cheers!

Todd M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad you like it, and that it arrived promptly. I'm loving my Zaggfolio, so it's good to know there are good choices out there. Although you need to have the patience of a saint to wait for the Zagg! Hopefully they'll catch up with the backlog. How's the Clamcase for typing? I don't touch type but can type about as fast on the Zagg as on a normal keyboard
Typing is slight challenge due to the recessed keyboard, and of course, it being pretty tightly packaged for the footprint of the iPad. Overall, however, I am very happy with it, and am typing this reply on it right now.

Mscosmo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my black leather zaggfolio with the black keyboard. I am pleased with my choice. Typing on the keyboard is great!

Sent from my New iPad using iPF

Atl7187

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why did you need to take off your shield?

Sent from my New iPad using iPF

For some reason the HD Maximum InvisibleShield they sent me was only a full body cover instead of the maximum body cover which SHOULD cover the corners on the backside of your iPad. They resent me the back Maximum InvisibleShield which DOES cover the corners. The one I already had on does not cover the corners of my iPad. They sent me the one that does cover the corners free of charge and without having to send the one I took off back. I will email them this issue with my pictures as well and see what they will say.

stebro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The carbon fiber Zaggfolio that I ordered last Wednesday from Zagg for my iPad 3 arrived today (Saturday). Pretty quick turnaround. The iPad seems to fit much better in this model than with the previous version of the Zaggfolio.

1ipadguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not so lucky here, Back on Mar. 25th I placed an order for the black smooth leather Zaggfolio with the silver keyboard, Which showed in stock with a expected ship date by Apr 6th, After contacting them via e-mail on the Apr 6th date, I was told it will ship by Apr. 24th and they would take off 10% of order for the delay. Very nice of them, On the 24th of April, I haven't received any notice, so I decided to contact them again, In which they replied on the 27th stating my order was CANCELLED, due to the fact they couldn't re bill my card after 30 day period was up, They also had the audacity to claim to have emailed me on the 16th and 20th with NO RESPONSE. Since I didn't reply they cancelled the order, Funny thing is I checked my order statues and e-mails everyday anticipating the arrival of the folio, the ONLY emails I received from them in this 1 month time frame was there junk emails to try and sell other items. Very, Very unprofessional company, In the meantime, I have placed a order with another company which seems to have their act together and passed on my experience to fellow employees and friends about this awful company, I've been following this thread closely for the past month and seems others have had the same issues, I'm surprised to see some have received theirs.

stebro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1ipadguy, you might try calling Zagg (if you're still interested). I placed my order over the phone and the person I spoke to was able to tell me the shipping date and approximate arrival date. I asked about the leather model when I called (last Wednesday) and she said it was delayed until mid May, which is one reason I bought the carbon fiber.

pianoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts