What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ZaggFolio fresh outta the box, just unpacked and setup !

Merk13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I just recieved my new Zagg Folio, thanks Canada post for hanging on to it for 3 days ! :rolleyes:

iPad Folio Case With Keyboard | iPad 2 Folio Cover | ZAGGfolio

images

I am upgrading from the the ZaggMate which I sold to my boss after discovering that I wasnt a fan of the opening and closing process and never trusted the pressure fit between the two.

My $0.02 if its worth even that !

Looks - its a little bulkier than I had expected but considering its a keyboard and iPad holder I guess its size is relative to the job its performing. The Carbon fibre'like finish is pretty sharp and the foam pads on the common friction points seem perfectly placed.

Setup - SUPER easy. Slide keyboard into case top, turn on the keyboard, turn on bluetooth in iPad settings, type in 4 digit code (displayed on screen when keyboard tries to connect) and you are good to go !

First impressions - pretty slick setup. I absolutely LOVE having the keyboard for work and the easy option of sliding the pad out and dropping on the magnetic smart cover when its not required. The clasp mechanism seems a little tentative to me but I will see how I feel after living with it a couple days. I guess for a $1,000 toy I would like the case to have a more secure/sure closing mechanism but then the bulk of something more substantial might be a downside. Time will tell I think.

All in all, after my first 30 minutes with it I would give it a 8 out of 10 :D

With the free $25 gift card and the free cleaning foam dispenser and cloth that were included it seems WELL worth the price.

Last edited:

big_daddy_mpd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree...everything you said...the "clasp" is very tentative, like it doesn't meet and/or "click" shut...perhaps when the pads keeping the ipad screen from scratching on the keyboard, get a little less "spongy". All-in-all, better than I expected

darkheroz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I Have Folio too. In a week ago I received email from Zagg and they told me that I will receive NEW case with better closing and secure mechanism.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I Have Folio too. In a week ago I received email from Zagg and they told me that I will receive NEW case with better closing and secure mechanism.

Don't have a Zagg Folio. Went another way with the Incase Origami Workstation/Apple Wireless Keyboard combination, instead. Mainly for the somewhat larger keyboard.

Have to say, though, that Zagg's second shot at a combo keyboard/iPad case is a significant improvement over their first (Zaggmate) effort. I've had a number of Zagg products over the years (including a nice little pair of usb powered travel speakers) and their quality and customer service are first rate. A manufacturer that is devoted to improving their products is sometimes difficult to find. One that offers an improved version of a product to existing customers is very rare.

darkheroz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I need help - how to navigate in web pages with keyboard ? When I touch some of arrow keys there are no any action :(

MoneyGuy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is the Zaggfolio the iPad2 equivalent of the Zaggmate for the original iPad? I've noticed they're giving earbuds with Zaggmates. Are they also giving earbuds with the Zaggfolio?

darkheroz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
re

Is the Zaggfolio the iPad2 equivalent of the Zaggmate for the original iPad? I've noticed they're giving earbuds with Zaggmates. Are they also giving earbuds with the Zaggfolio?

Hi,
The short answer is NO ! ZaggFolio is something MORE than Zaggmate. The new item is a IPAD CASE plus IPAD KBD. Zaggmate secure only one side of Ipad. ZaggFolio secure and protect both sides. Kbd is better and u can
use it in a short distance from the case and from the Ipad.
And NO I dont receive earbuds with Zaggfolio.

richgalen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I received my new Zagg Folio in the mail yesterday. I had convinced myself that the mis-aligned clasp was no big deal, but now that I've received the redesigned version it IS much better. Thanks, Zagg, for keeping faith with your customers - even the earliest adopters!

darkheroz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richgalen, How much time took to receive redesigned case ? I am still waiting - month and half :(

jemry01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had the Zaggfolio for a couple weeks now. Works great, but I really miss the "Esc" key and F1-F12. Anyone know how to identify if you have the newly designed clasp? Mine snaps shut about 50% of the time.

Right now, i would give 4 out of 5 starts...if it had "Esc" key, F1-F12, and snapped shut 100% of the time, would be 5 out of 5.

Most reactions

Latest posts