What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ZaggFolio for iPad 3

Atl7187

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh yes very much so. I could never get the damn thing out of the Zaggfolio case without using both my hands and feet to take it out. The invisible shield has a very tacky feel which is awesome for a non-slip and tight fit, but this adversely affects your ability to remove your iPad from the case. You can slide it in carefully with a moderate amount of force, but don't count on it sliding out the same way. That ***** is effin stuck for real. I would only recommend installing the screen protector, so forget about the back invisible shield. I'm surprised from paulvalerio's video that he was able to have a cover and a screen protector, but I think he had different materials or something. I hope this helps. Be sure to be on the lookout for my video of me installing the HD Maximum InvisibleShield on my new iPad and how it fits in the Zaggfolio case.

Last edited:

missly03

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh yes very much so. I could never get the damn thing out of the Zaggfolio case without using both my hands and feet to take it out. The invisible shield has a very tacky feel which is awesome for a non-slip and tight fit, but this adversely affects your ability to remove your iPad from the case. You can slide it in carefully with a moderate amount of force, but don't count on it sliding out the same way. That ***** is effin stuck for real. I would only recommend installing the screen protector, so forget about the back invisible shield. I'm surprised from paulvalerio's video that he was able to have a cover and a screen protector, but I think he had different materials or something. I hope this helps. Be sure to be on the lookout for my video of me installing the HD Maximum InvisibleShield on my new iPad and how it fits in the Zaggfolio case.

Thanks for the info, Alt7187! I guess I'll hold off on the zaggfolio for now. I placed an order for the invisibleshield maximum HD, I hope it look and feel a lot better than the original shield. How do you like it? does it still have the orange peel affect? Does it reduce the quality of the retina display? I'll be looking forward to your installation video. Once again, sorry for being so off topic. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

paulvalerio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Atl7187 said:

It was more difficult to take it out with full body coverage on my iPad, but after about a week of use (putting it in and pulling it out regularly) the Zaggfolio has decreased in the friction and force it takes to pull my iPad out with full body protection. My recommendation is to either leave your iPad naked for that little bit, or buy a cheap full body protection kit (mine was about $20) and after it wears out put your Invisible shield on. I am going to order a full body HD Invisible shield from Zagg to,replace this one.

Mscosmo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am pleased with my zaggfolio. I have the black leather case. Plus, I put on the full bodyguardz. I have no problems with the fit. Yeah!

Sent from my New iPad using iPF

takiv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I finally got my zagfolia for my new Ipad 3rd gen. Ship about a week late. I called for the late shipping discount which they said was 20%. I love the keyboard. i do not feel that the fit is overly tight. However after haveing for about 5 days, I now notice that the rubber strip on the keyboard that the ipad rests apon has squished my invisishield. Also the rubber bumper and edge of the keyboard are leaving impressions in the shield as well. Zagg is going to replaced but DAMN !!!! it seems that zagg has really blown this one.

jdinca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered the Zaggfolio the day after I preordered the new iPad, the day after the new iPad could be pre-ordered. I chose the Zaggfolio over the Clamcase based on availability/shipping date - the website still showed Zagg shipping by late March.

A couple of weeks later, I got the email quoted in this forum that it was delayed to ship in late April but would be "worth the wait." Since I had ordered based on the website availability, I checked what they were saying on the webpage - it still looked like you could order it with a 1-2 week ship date but if you dug deeper somewhere else on the webpage it showed shipping in the timeframe they emailed me about. Seemed pretty misleading to anyone ordering that day.

This week I got a vm message that "regrettably" since my order was over 30 days old, it was cancelled! But Zagg expected MORE product in 1-2 weeks, and I could get a 30% discount plus some "gifts" for my pateince. (on the webpage now they are at least saying "out of stock" and have an email me now option when back in stock.

I am really disappointed and frustrated. It seems like incredibly poor customer service - I have never had an order cancelled on me based on the company's poor supply chain management, and I feel throughly misled. I ordered the Zaggfolio within a day of the new Ipad's preorder and am even more frustrated seeing so many people who also ordered in a similar timeframe but who DID receive their Zaggfolios (albeit delayed).

Anyone else have this experience of the order being cancelled??

tsalmon88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a friend that works at Zagg and they have been trying to tackle a 30,000 back order from the last month. I work in customer service for a credit card processing company and it truly does suck when there's something like this and you really can't do anything but wait. Zagg is a great company so I will always give them the benefit of the doubt.

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They handled it badly. I totally get this can happen but they never sent out an info explaining the delays or informing customers of what was happening. No excuse for that

paulvalerio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can attach the invisibleshield over a sticker or decal? I want to order a full body invisibleshield with my replacement Zaggfolio, but want to leave my decal/sticker on the back of my iPad. Also when does Zagg give you your Zealots e giftcard? Mine shows approved but nothing yet.

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What do you mean by e gift card? I found a skin and their shield do not play well together however I have the shield on my screen and the skin was over it. I have not tried it the other way.

paulvalerio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Patrizia_NC said:
What do you mean by e gift card? I found a skin and their shield do not play well together however I have the shield on my screen and the skin was over it. I have not tried it the other way.

When you reach 100 zealot points the rewards are, free shipping on replacements, a 10 e-giftcard they just send u the info,through your email, and something else. I dont have a skin on my iPad anymore, just a sticker on the back, it doesnt cover the entire back, just like maybe 35%.

Jonz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered a zaggfolio on 3/19/12 online. After several delays, they promised shipping date of 4/9/12,,,,,then 4/19/12......today is 4/19/12. I called them and they now are saying 4/26/12 because they back ordered. Guess what???? I call their corporate office and spoke to corporate saleman Don Smith who stated that they have 13 in stock and ready for shipping....They are only fulfiilling corporate orders and all the returns from dissatisfied corporate customers will be resold to the general public (defects and all).,,,,Seriously thinking law suit just for the hell of it.

GSper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered mine online on 3/18 and it arrived on 4/9. Initially I was not certain that I in fact had received the z'folio for the new iPad in that the box said "for iPad 2" with no stickers saying for the new iPad. Also, I could not locate the "2" that was supposed to be stamped on the case for the new iPad. However, the case fit my new iPad very nicely - comfortably snug but not tight so I was satisfied. Since, I have in fact located the "2" which is actually stamped on the felt padding and not the plastic adjacent to the camera hole. So far, I have been very pleased with what appears to be a quality product. The keyboard is quite comfortable for me to use. It sure seems that, in general, ZAGG kind of fumbled the launch of the 'folio for the new iPad but for me all is well.

Randy G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered the Zaggfolio the day after I preordered the new iPad, the day after the new iPad could be pre-ordered. I chose the Zaggfolio over the Clamcase based on availability/shipping date - the website still showed Zagg shipping by late March.

A couple of weeks later, I got the email quoted in this forum that it was delayed to ship in late April but would be "worth the wait." Since I had ordered based on the website availability, I checked what they were saying on the webpage - it still looked like you could order it with a 1-2 week ship date but if you dug deeper somewhere else on the webpage it showed shipping in the timeframe they emailed me about. Seemed pretty misleading to anyone ordering that day.

This week I got a vm message that "regrettably" since my order was over 30 days old, it was cancelled! But Zagg expected MORE product in 1-2 weeks, and I could get a 30% discount plus some "gifts" for my pateince. (on the webpage now they are at least saying "out of stock" and have an email me now option when back in stock.

I am really disappointed and frustrated. It seems like incredibly poor customer service - I have never had an order cancelled on me based on the company's poor supply chain management, and I feel throughly misled. I ordered the Zaggfolio within a day of the new Ipad's preorder and am even more frustrated seeing so many people who also ordered in a similar timeframe but who DID receive their Zaggfolios (albeit delayed).

Anyone else have this experience of the order being cancelled??

This is very disturbing to me to read your post because I have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach that this might have happened to me also, but with no notification at all.
I ordered on March 19th and [FONT=&amp]in the e-mail I received the original estimated ship date was Apr. 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] – Apr. 9[SUP]th[/SUP], After the estimated ship date passed and not having received any e-mail notification regarding a delay I contacted Zagg via phone on Apr. 11[SUP]th[/SUP]. I was told that the new estimated ship date would be Apr. 24[SUP]th[/SUP]. With that date approaching soon I logged in to my account to see if there had been any updates. I was shocked to see that my order is not even listed anymore in order history. [/FONT]I have sent e-mails to them so we will see what they have to say when the sun comes up.

Most reactions

Latest posts