What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ZaggFolio for iPad 3

paulvalerio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Todd M said:
Well, I finally got some communication. Not too happy about what it said, though. After ordering on 3/23, the first shipping date was 3/30, then 4/6. Now this...

------
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your recent order of the ZAGGfolio for your Apple iPad. By way of an order status update, we regret to inform you that your order is taking longer to process than originally expected due to the high demand for this product. We anticipate that your order will now ship between April 27th and April 30th. We will send you another email once your order has shipped and left our facility.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you, and thank you for your patience. We promise it will be worth the wait!

Regards,

The ZAGG Team
----

Did anyone else get this? 2 1/2 more weeks of waiting, and the funny part is that it ships now between a Friday and a Monday, when they are closed. A little salt to the wound there...

Getting close to cancelling the order and finding something else similar. Too bad there isn't much out there that compares. I suppose I can stroll to my local BB and pick up a carbon fiber one that are currently overflowing in their stores. Paid a little extra for the leather one, so I guess that extra $30 costs me 5 weeks of waiting...

Well that is the shipping date for my replacement zaggfolio, so maybe they decided to quit shipping faulty units to people who ordered, just to have to ship out a modified one at the end of April. I thought the situation you are in would have been nicer than getting a faulty one, but now reading your reply, I realize I am glad they sent me a faulty one to use until the modified correct one gets here two months after I ordered it! I feel for you and wouldn't blame you if you cancelled, but if the above mentioned discount of 50% off applies to you, I would stick it out and use the extra $65 to get you something else for your iPad as well. Hope all goes well, oh btw to make up for my wait they gave me a $10 giftcard and 25% off an order, yippee! Not!

Todd M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
paulvalerio said:
Well that is the shipping date for my replacement zaggfolio, so maybe they decided to quit shipping faulty units to people who ordered, just to have to ship out a modified one at the end of April. I thought the situation you are in would have been nicer than getting a faulty one, but now reading your reply, I realize I am glad they sent me a faulty one to use until the modified correct one gets here two months after I ordered it! I feel for you and wouldn't blame you if you cancelled, but if the above mentioned discount of 50% off applies to you, I would stick it out and use the extra $65 to get you something else for your iPad as well. Hope all goes well, oh btw to make up for my wait they gave me a $10 giftcard and 25% off an order, yippee! Not!

After calling them about this I have cancelled the order. Not impressed with the customer service, delays, and the issues that others have had with the design. I have, instead, ordered a ClamCase. It's a bit more expensive but the reviews are better. The only downside is that it, too, ships at the end of this month. But I think I will be happier in the end.

http://clamcase.com/ipad-3-keyboard-case-black.html

thespinner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...I might take off the bumpers, and padding beneath the keyboard but that may be later on. Oh well, I will keep looking for a better solution.

I wouldn't take the bumpers off as I think they are integral to the design. The rear ones are used to protect the screen when closing the folio. The long bumper that goes across the whole screen has two purposes I believe:

1. To keep the screen off the keyboard, so avoiding scratches
2. To hold the position of iPad in relation to the lower half of the Zaggfolio - this is important for the clasp to work and keep the folio closed

paulvalerio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Todd M said:
After calling them about this I have cancelled the order. Not impressed with the customer service, delays, and the issues that others have had with the design. I have, instead, ordered a ClamCase. It's a bit more expensive but the reviews are better. The only downside is that it, too, ships at the end of this month. But I think I will be happier in the end.

http://clamcase.com/ipad-3-keyboard-case-black.html

Wow that case looks sick, especially the limited edition Trooper color scheme. What color did you get? When you get it do a review, that really tempts me to send Zagg this one back and order that one.

thespinner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The ClamCase does look good and I considered one when they first came out. But my concern is the keyboard - there is only a small gap between the keys, and on keyboards this small that does increase the chance of hitting the wrong key and therefore affecting usability. Although some reviews have issues with the Zaggfolio as a case, they are almost universal in their praise for the keyboard and that is largely due to the big gap between keys.

I'll be interested to hear how you get on with it.

paulvalerio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thespinner said:
The ClamCase does look good and I considered one when they first came out. But my concern is the keyboard - there is only a small gap between the keys, and on keyboards this small that does increase the chance of hitting the wrong key and therefore affecting usability. Although some reviews have issues with the Zaggfolio as a case, they are almost universal in their praise for the keyboard and that is largely due to the big gap between keys.

Well I have found that the Zaggfolio keyboard is a tad to small for me, even with the large gaps I still have a difficult time typing, thank goodness for Apple's auto correct.

Todd M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow that case looks sick, especially the limited edition Trooper color scheme. What color did you get? When you get it do a review, that really tempts me to send Zagg this one back and order that one.

I got the black matte to match the iPad I have. I was VERY tempted to get the Trooper, but they had no idea when they would get more in (it's their most popular model). When I ordered the black one, it says 2-3 weeks and they did say that they are back ordered. The white one is in stock and ships in 7-10 BD. I will do a review on it. I saw a few others and was happier with the way this one was designed, especially the tilt (like a tablet) and the recessed keyboard so it wouldn't impact the iPad. The only concern I have is with the closing of the device. I had see one review where there isn't a strong clasp to close it like the Folio, but we will see.

The keyboard doesn't bother me since they only had so much space to put them to keep it the same size as the iPad. That will be an issue with all case-based keyboards. If you want a bigger one, you'd have to get an Apple one that is larger but isn't designed for an iPad case.

Todd M

iPF Noob
Reaction score

When I get it, I PROMISE to come back here and let you know about it!

Todd M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Read my post in my experience with zagg today .. I have not tried the folio yet though it did arrive

I read that, and I experienced nearly the same thing today just trying to cancel my order. I am sorry to hear you went through that, and that makes me believe even harder that I made the right decision to make my purchase of the ClamCase. Their CS reps were very helpful answering my questions today.

Mscosmo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I received my ZAGGfolio today. Much sooner than expected via regular mail. I received mine before my relative who ordered hers on the same day via UPS. I thought the leather version would be softer, however, I am very happy with the product. I guess the leather should not be too soft as it could be easily damaged if handled a lot. I luv the feel and ease of using the keyboard. My folio had the number 2 in the left hand corner. My iPad 3 fits perfectly!

Sent from my New iPad using iPF

Last edited:

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im typing on mine now.. also arrived today.. the sticker says Ipad 2 & 3, it fits well not tight and the keyboard is fine. I am still upset with Zagg regarding the CS issue I posted over earlier but since I am getting it for 50 bucks I have no issues with that part of it. (and I am still contacting the CEO office this week). The product, as all Zagg issues seem to be great its the CS I have issues with at this point. I ordered the red with the black keyboard. I also have a Zagg shield on it, it didn't affect it at all.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ksztj3

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the CS issues. The day I got my new iPad, I came home to try it out with my old ZAGGFolio for iPad 2, while it was a tight fit, it fit even better after my modification. Anyway, I opened it up and one of the Keys was missing and had fallen off. I called ZAGG and they said no problem, they would replace the keyboard. Didn't give me any problems.

However, my replacement is on back order. I might be upset about that but I found the missing key. One of the tabs on back of it is missing, so it doesn't seat properly, which is why it probably fell out the first time, but it will do until the replacement gets here.

Last edited:

Atl7187

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yay, I'm getting my replaced Zaggfolio case for the new iPad later today. I received the defective Zaggfolio case about 2 and a half weeks ago. It was the issue with the tight fit and the magnet not working. It did however have the #2 under the camera cutout. I hope the one I have today will have address those issues. I will post a video of the replacement when it comes in. Also, for my troubles Zagg is sending me the HD Maximum InvisibleShield along with a foam cleaning kit for free. Make sure to speak with the supervisor for this accommadation!

Atl7187

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yay, I'm getting my replaced Zaggfolio case for the new iPad later today. I received the defective Zaggfolio case about 2 and a half weeks ago. It was the issue with the tight fit and the magnet not working. It did however have the #2 under the camera cutout. I hope the one I have today will have address those issues. I will post a video of the replacement when it comes in. Also, for my troubles Zagg is sending me the HD Maximum InvisibleShield along with a foam cleaning kit for free. Make sure to speak with the supervisor for this accommadation!

Alright here's the video:

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions