What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your top 3 iOS wants

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just some keyboard arrows and a way to kill all apps at once. Or, better yet, a setting that allows you to enable terminating apps when they are closed by the user gestures. This way, anytime you close an app it will be truly gone. A slightly better email program would be nice too.

Otherwise, not too much!

AZsteelman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One more. It could use a notification light to blink when I have a new email. I hate leaving it and having to come back and unlock just to check.

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AZsteelman said:
One more. It could use a notification light to blink when I have a new email. I hate leaving it and having to come back and unlock just to check.

You can setup the notification system under iOS 5.x to show email alerts on the lock screen so you only have to hit the standby or home button. It's what I have done since iOS 5.0 came out.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Calendar icon with badge support.
I want a number on the icon to show how many appointments etc. I have today so I get a visible alert I have something on today. The Notification Tray is helpful but you still need to manually enter this to see the entries - there is nothing visual to remind you.

Close all
Yup, when I have been through a lot of apps, I like to clear them out of the task tray but I shouldn't need to tap each one individually to close them all out. Once I hold an icon down for a couple of seconds to bring up the crosses, I should be able to hold down on one of them for 2 seconds to close them all out.

Add spaces to numbers without going back to the text keyboard.
I hate that when you select the numeric keyboard and type in some digits, as soon as you hit the space bar it reverts back to the qwerty keyboard. I then need to enter the numeric keyboard to continue entering digits - think a credit card for example with 4 blocks of 4 numbers separated with a space. Just leave the numeric keyboard in place until I dismiss it or select the qwerty keyboard again.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1. An easy way to manage files, meaning pictures, documents, etc in separate apps.
2. IOS to be so I don't have to use a computer

Sent from K48

wholesalestunna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't really have many complaints about the iPad. I'm just thankful it runs smooth since I'm coming from a kindle fire that crashed all the time.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ability to assign unique notification settings (including sound) by contact so regardless of method any communications from that contact iOS uses their unique sound file and notification settings.

This is done to perfection by RIM and I miss it. email only alerted me when priority contacts sent a note, same for SMS, and inbound phone calls. Everyone else I had assigned to blinking LED which allowed me to check/respond at my convenience.

kwaldron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It occurs to me that given the diversity of requests, there is a very simple answer to this. Open the OS so we don't have to Jailbreak to do all the things listed herein.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Add spaces to numbers without going back to the text keyboard.
I hate that when you select the numeric keyboard and type in some digits, as soon as you hit the space bar it reverts back to the qwerty keyboard. I then need to enter the numeric keyboard to continue entering digits - think a credit card for example with 4 blocks of 4 numbers separated with a space. Just leave the numeric keyboard in place until I dismiss it or select the qwerty keyboard again.[/QUOTE]

A

Agreed!
Also the closing down of apps in the multitask bar

I want the music app to be more user friendly. I'm not a fan of the IOS5 music app update. Some of the keys are too small

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

petermillard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1/. I'd like to be able to create an appointment in Calendar based on the details of one of my contacts; drives me nuts that I can't do this!

2/. Cursor arrows on the stock keyboard, please...

3/. Ummmm that's it...

claudel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After three whole days with a new iPad, here's my three.

Context switching button that will switch thru the open apps and allow their graceful termination with a master "kill them all" function.

Drag & drop file manager that allows me to move things ( all things ) back & forth from a host machine.

Full featured email client that will accomodate multiple servers, multiple concurrant identities, allow folder manipulation on servers just like the big kids...

and a bonus fourth wish for the ability to backup the whole iToy onto a disc image somewhere under my control, update it incrementally,
save past versions if desired and be able to pull out individual files without having to perform unspeakable rituals in the Crossroads at midnight.

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A DECENT email app!! One that allows folder manipulation and deletion of eails on POP mail accounts.

britpoper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I need now is actually only 1 thing : Battery charging display information even when the ipad is powered off.

This is done to perfection by RIM and I miss it. email only alerted me when priority contacts sent a note, same for SMS, and inbound phone calls. Everyone else I had assigned to blinking LED which allowed me to check/respond at my convenience.

This :thumbs:
That also the only thing that I really miss from my old blackberry.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to be able to disable mobile browsing. More of an issue on my iPhone but still happens on my iPad sometimes.

Most reactions

Latest posts