What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your top 3 iOS wants

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
seneca18 said:
I would like to be able to disable mobile browsing. More of an issue on my iPhone but still happens on my iPad sometimes.

To stop others using it? You can place a restriction to prevent safari from being used and to prevent apps being installed so an alternative browser is not installed.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WhiteiPad2128GB said:
1) DELETING SONGS THROUGH THE MUSIC APP!!!!!!!!
2) Facetime to show active/online users
3)Combine the Music/Video app for iPad/iPhone users above 5.x.x

I have WAY more to nag about but the topic says 3 so ok.

1. Just swipe on the song (see screenshot)

Sent from K48

Attachments

• image-145039631.jpg
    image-145039631.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 198

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just thought of this while puttering around...

I would like the ability to hide an icon but have it displayed as a result of a spotlight search.

So if I hide the settings icon it can still be run from spotlight.

Make sense?

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One more....

The ability to toggle multitasking on or off. Quite frankly I don't find it useful as Apple defines it. To me multitasking is the ability to run multiple apps on the desktop together. What Apple calls multitasking I call task switching.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Midranger4 said:
One more....

The ability to toggle multitasking on or off. Quite frankly I don't find it useful as Apple defines it. To me multitasking is the ability to run multiple apps on the desktop together. What Apple calls multitasking I call task switching.

Some apps can indeed run in the background.....like navigation ..... You have the nav app in the foreground while music or an audiobook plays in the background.

Frankly, I think multitasking is way over hyped and not all that useful. Letting any Tom, Dick, and Harry app multitask would just lead to a crashy device experience. I think apple has found a good balance that keeps the user experience great.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
andrzejls said:
the winner.

Disagree. That would be the beginning of the end to a great user experience....

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Disagree. That would be the beginning of the end to a great user experience....

Quoted for truth :D

Ask Android users how that has been working out for them for the last 3 years. LOL!

Motorola Blur. HTC Sense. Oh yeah real winners for "allowing someone to change the interface".

andrzejls

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quoted for truth :D

Ask Android users how that has been working out for them for the last 3 years. LOL!

Motorola Blur. HTC Sense. Oh yeah real winners for "allowing someone to change the interface".

Yes, I have 3 iPhones (active) which are JB and unlocked. Each of us has different GUI on our iPhones. Works and looks great (I can not speak intelligently about Motorola Blur or HTC Sence since I never used them. From what you are saying they were not good and I do not have any reason to not to trust you). The added benefit (to us at least) is that since our iPhones look the same from the outside, once I turn it on I know if this is my unit or not. I, personally like the ability to change GUI. Without that it is like looking on the old IBM, black suit, white shirt and black tie. Boring. We also own couple of Android devices and it works for us just fine. Apple products are REALLY GOOD and perform as design. I use them and I like them very much. My biggest issue with iPhone and iPad is that I have be watchful in upgrading iOS to make sure that next rev. of iOS has jailbreak and firmware unlocking available. I travel great deal to Europe and Asia, both on business and private. I have to have my phone unlocked, so when I am, let say in Frankfurt, I do not have to call to Frankfurt through NY and pay through the nose. When I am on business, I do not care, but on my private time I do.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
andrzejls said:
Can you quantify "great user experience"?. What is great to you might not necessarily be great to someone else.

This is true. I think it is best to go by market share to answer such questions, since we are talking about changes that would impact the satisfaction of many.

dedication

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yup.

3) having numbers and letters on same keyboard. Thanks for reminding me !

yeah thats a big one, i use letters and numbers for passwords, and although i type very little on Ipad, I have to entr my logins a lot, and it's so annoying to have to do this by seperate views.

Most reactions

Latest posts