What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your top 3 iOS wants

andrzejls

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Disagree. That would be the beginning of the end to a great user experience....
Just found this posted (June 13th.) on Android forum in regards to "great user experience".
Take that in your pipe and smoke it, Apple! Google's Ice Cream Sandwich OS won the Gold Prize for best the platform experience at Parsons' 2012 User Experience Awards! Since Android came out it has obviously been the best mobile OS for utility and functionality, always showcasing more features and more useful features than it's competitors, like iOS. However, the one thing that Apple always did well with their OS was to refine the aesthetics and the design of the UI. Google's Android OS struggled to match this, arguably all the way up until about Gingerbread before it started to excel.

Google took things to a whole new level with Ice Cream Sandwich, though, and the results of this contest speak for themselves. Google's new focus on improving the design and user-friendliness of Android has really paid off, and at least for now, and in this particular contest, Android has finally bested the fruity alternative. It will be exciting to see what new improvements they make with Android 5.0! Congratulations Android!

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
andrzejls said:
Just found this posted (June 13th.) on Android forum in regards to "great user experience".
Take that in your pipe and smoke it, Apple! Google's Ice Cream Sandwich OS won the Gold Prize for best the platform experience at Parsons' 2012 User Experience Awards! Since Android came out it has obviously been the best mobile OS for utility and functionality, always showcasing more features and more useful features than it's competitors, like iOS. However, the one thing that Apple always did well with their OS was to refine the aesthetics and the design of the UI. Google's Android OS struggled to match this, arguably all the way up until about Gingerbread before it started to excel.

Google took things to a whole new level with Ice Cream Sandwich, though, and the results of this contest speak for themselves. Google's new focus on improving the design and user-friendliness of Android has really paid off, and at least for now, and in this particular contest, Android has finally bested the fruity alternative. It will be exciting to see what new improvements they make with Android 5.0! Congratulations Android!

Anyone can design a study or get stats that support just about any position they want.

The drug companies have known about this for a long time. I wouldn't think os companies are much different.

dhevans_6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whilst ICS is quite feature rich, I don't believe it's amounting to a great user experience,

I have a Samsung phone running ICS.

CoPilot hasn't worked for a large amount of people since ICS came out (me included). I've got a few other apps which consistently don't work either. Now whilst this isn't google's fault, i'm sure the fragmentation is causing the developers massive headaches trying to get things working on so many platforms.

Contrast to my iPad and touch, and they just work. The UI may not be as "useful" (e.g. I love the Swiftkey keyboard I have on the phone), but it works with a minimum of fuss.. I'm too busy to be fighting my tech these days...!

kwaldron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm. Android had to submit to the contest. Did Apple even bother? There is no mention of them so who says this was even a contest? Question what you read folks.
By the way, Parsons is powered by Apple. I'd go with where people put their money, not their awards.

andrzejls

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whilst ICS is quite feature rich, I don't believe it's amounting to a great user experience,

I have a Samsung phone running ICS.

CoPilot hasn't worked for a large amount of people since ICS came out (me included). I've got a few other apps which consistently don't work either. Now whilst this isn't google's fault, i'm sure the fragmentation is causing the developers massive headaches trying to get things working on so many platforms.

Contrast to my iPad and touch, and they just work. The UI may not be as "useful" (e.g. I love the Swiftkey keyboard I have on the phone), but it works with a minimum of fuss.. I'm too busy to be fighting my tech these days...!

Among other devices I also have Transformer Prime and CoPilot works on it without any problems. It is actually better than my TomTom. It could be that there is some issue with your Samsung.

andrzejls

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone can design a study or get stats that support just about any position they want.

The drug companies have known about this for a long time. I wouldn't think os companies are much different.

I do agree with you.OS companies are not much different and that include Apple.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Let's keep this thread on topic, please.

This is for your top three iOS wants and desires. Any further off-topic posts will be summarily deleted.

Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn
Moderator, iPadForums.net

bassman99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1) SD card access for apps as common as Dropbox.
2) SD card access for apps as common as Dropbox.
3) SD card access for apps as common as Dropbox.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
bassman99 said:
1) SD card access for apps as common as Dropbox.
2) SD card access for apps as common as Dropbox.
3) SD card access for apps as common as Dropbox.

It's highly unlikely that you'll ever see an SD card slot on an iPad.Your comment is more hardware related than iOS related.

adyhooper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only 3 iOS wants are not enough for me. I want more than 3 applications like Improved Siri, Quick Access to Settings in Notification Center, Better Method of Clearing Notifications , Facebook Integration, Widgets, , Better Contacts App, File Manager etc.

Richk2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1) Be able to change default text size in safari similar to atomic browser
2) Be able to change default zoom in any browser a la almost every browser in android
3) widgets

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
1) a fifth row (numbers and symbols) on the keyboard. There's just no excuse for it not to be there.
2) a "favourites" clipboard list for all the stuff I regularly paste like email addresses!
3) clock, weather, and calculator native IOS apps. Again, just no excuse to exclude them from iPad owners.

:D

(oh, and secret option number 4 - a FULL SCREEN contacts app in portrait! Seriously Apple? What the heck? A 3/4 height app? Fix it!)

Last edited:

reahn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
1) a fifth row (numbers and symbols) on the keyboard. There's just no excuse for it not to be there.
2) a "favourites" clipboard list for all the stuff I regularly paste like email addresses!
3) clock, weather, and calculator native IOS apps. Again, just no excuse to exclude them from iPad owners.

:D

For number three, those apps arent on the iPad?

Edit: i dont own an iPad. Thinking of getting one

Most reactions

Latest posts