What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you be interested in an iPad Mini (7" iPad)

Would you purchase an iPad Mini?

• Yes

Votes: 21 17.6%
  • Maybe, depends on X (enter in comments)

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • Maybe, depends on Price

Votes: 16 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 75 63.0%
  • Other (enter in comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are constantly rumors about what Apple may do next with the iPad. We've got the iPad 3, but what if they also decided to release a smaller form factor iPad at a more agreeable price point? Would the iPad Mini be something you would be interested in purchasing? Please take part in our poll and help us as a community figure out if this is something viable Apple should pursue.

iDoug

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would definitely consider it! It would mainly depend on the actual size and the features.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not me. I want the larger screen. Would it sell? Yup. I would love to see a Kindle Fire sized, 200.00 iPad.

OP
JohnnyApple

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not me. I want the larger screen. Would it sell? Yup. I would love to see a Kindle Fire sized, 200.00 iPad.

I think they could probably offer it at the $250 price point. $200 if using the 1st gen iPad hardware/processor.

AEPiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Current size is excellent but the 7" would sell big, depending on resolution, features, horsepower.

OP
JohnnyApple

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It might open it up to a group of individuals since the price point could hit that sweet spot.

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I probably would. Just to play with or mainly read books.

Sent from my iPod touch using iPF

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPod touches sell for 200 so I don't see how Apple can sell an iPad mini for that same price. I'm thinking it would have to be priced around 350.....in between an iPod and an iPad.....

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JohnnyApple said:
It might open it up to a group of individuals since the price point could hit that sweet spot.

That has never really been Apples Modus Operandi, it's historically been a case of style and functionality before price (check out the BBC documentary "Billion Dollar Hippie" as its well detailed in there.....plus it's a good doc of Steve Jobs).

For me, the iPad is just right, I love the size of this thing as it is.

The Archangel

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I answered yes, but it depends on timing. I'd buy now. There are tech blog reports about expectations of a 7" iPad in late 2012. By then, I might've bought something else.

I'd really like a hybrid phone-tablet like the 5" Samsung Galaxy Note. If that meets my needs when they start selling in the U.S. (maybe in the first quarter of 2012), I probably won't want a 7" iPad.

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually what would be neat is a 12 inch screen and the ability to change the resolution.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

Most reactions

Latest posts