What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would I be ok with just an iPad & Netbook?

Voices

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All I really use now is a Netbook. I use it for everything including internet surfing, microsoft word, AIM, itunes, etc. However, the computer is slow when I'm running multiple things like this because that's not really what it's meant to do. So I was thinking of getting the iPad to compliment my Netbook. I'd use the iPad most of the time, but use the Netbook when I need to for things like microsoft word and what not. Would this be a good idea? Is the internet on the iPad very fast (if the connection is good)? Is the keyboard on the iPad easy to get used to? Does the iPad have normal AIM & iTunes? If I have only like 3-4 GB of music, would I be okay with the 16GB model? Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Technically if you can do that initial sync and subsequent update syncs you don't actually need a computer of any kind.

BTW, you can do all the syncs you need to do at apple store. They will be more than happy to set it up and fix it/update it if you need them too. They are very accommodating.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I have a Gateway netbook and my iPad for my daily use machines. I sync with the Gateway, and all is good. Works great.....

jkwakopo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All I really use now is a Netbook. I use it for everything including internet surfing, microsoft word, AIM, itunes, etc. However, the computer is slow when I'm running multiple things like this because that's not really what it's meant to do. So I was thinking of getting the iPad to compliment my Netbook. I'd use the iPad most of the time, but use the Netbook when I need to for things like microsoft word and what not. Would this be a good idea? Is the internet on the iPad very fast (if the connection is good)? Is the keyboard on the iPad easy to get used to? Does the iPad have normal AIM & iTunes? If I have only like 3-4 GB of music, would I be okay with the 16GB model? Thanks for the help.

I'm sure you'll be fine if you don't play some hardcore gaming on your pc ( i mean who does these days?? PS3/MW2 rock) I have a desktop (win), Sony Vaio and a droid... I haven't touched my pc since i got my iPad first day, my droid's battery lasts more than 2days instead of 8hrs, and I do use my laptop time to time but everything is basically done on my iGreatPad. You should be ok.. and get netflix for your movie needs, this thing looks beautiful on iPad.. even better than my PC/laptop...

ps.. typing on iPad will never be better than the physical keyboard... so you do need your netbook but i never used a netbook (only laptop for me) so I'm not sure if netbook keyboard greatly improves typing. As long as you don't play some hardcore pc gaming, you will be fine with your set up.

Sincere11105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 32gb ipad and was thinking of getting a netbook or a Mac...

Suggestions

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Suggestions

If you want something inexpensive Dell has some nice notebook...hp is hit or miss, if you want something really good tho go with a MacBook or even iMac since you already have a portable iPad.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sincere11105 said:

Suggestions
I persoally would also suggest a Macbook or iMac as it gives you the best of both worlds. If you realy realy want to run Win 7 then install it on Apples Mac book The main advantage using Mac OS will be ease of use using iPhoto for pic and other suites of Apple products that work on both etc.and no virus issues to bog you down.
That's my configeration only thing missing is the ipad as unlike you guys we have to wait till end of May. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts