What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winterboard

hanoverfiste

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay so I jailbroke my Ipad 4.2.1 last night. Was reading the "show your screen" thread today and thought. Very Cool I want in. Went and downloaded Winterboard via cydia rebooted and now I am stuck on apple screen wont boot through. What did I do wrong??

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Run your jailbreak program again !

Same procedure as u did when i jailbroke It but choose "JUST BOOT TETHERED RIGHT NOW", that will get u back on track

And if u reboot your iPad again and the same thing happens, well then u are on a tethered jailbreak that means u have to jailbreak It everytime u reboot your iPad., u can only get a untethered jailbreak If u had your SHSH blobs saved from IOS version 4.2Beta3 + 4.2Beta3 downloaded on your Mac.

Last edited:
OP
hanoverfiste

hanoverfiste

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm jailbreaking in Windows not Mac, I understand I have to tether every time I reboot ect. I was trying to get Winterboard to work but reading elsewhere it states that Winterboard is flaky at best. If I am in err please correct, and thanks for the help.

Just as an update. I restored my I Pad re-jail broke (is this a word??) and tried to reinstall Winterboard I got the same hung up apple screen. Looks like no Winterboard for me.

Last edited:

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After you install winter board it will ask you to reboot - exit Cydia turn off iPad and reboot it with your jailbreak because you have a tethered jailbreak. Everything should be fine - I'm running a tethered jailbreak 4.2.1 right now and I have had no problems with winter board. Let us know what is up.

OP
hanoverfiste

hanoverfiste

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alright this is just weird. Rebooted and I see Winterboard but when I try to utilize it I see a menu in it is an option Select Themes I select that and get another menu that has

White Icon Labels
User Wallpaper
etc etc etc don't want to bore people. I pick one hit respring get the pineapple
and then my lock screen some of the options work and some don't. Is this normal??

When I try to download a Winterboard theme from Cydia I get

NOTE:The requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed.

Last edited:

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hanoverfiste said:
Alright this is just weird. Rebooted and I see Winterboard but when I try to utilize it I see a menu in it is an option Select Themes I select that and get another menu that has

White Icon Labels
User Wallpaper
etc etc etc don't want to bore people. I pick one hit respring get the pineapple
and then my lock screen some of the options work and some don't. Is this normal??

When I try to download a Winterboard theme from Cydia I get

NOTE:The requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed.

No idea - try reinstalling winterboard

OP
hanoverfiste

hanoverfiste

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems to be working I went and purchased BlackHaz3 HD theme and it appears to be working. I haven't a clue why...

Most reactions

Latest posts