What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windows Live Mail on ipad2?

segdef

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fairly simple one I hope. I am new to ipad2 (love it!). I use Windows Live Mail for all my messages, work and personal. Quite simply - is there a way I can see, download, install something that will allow me to use this on my ipad? I can see the messages on my webmail account but it won't let me open them. Help please. Will jailbreaking allow me to download something like Thunderbird so that I can access the mail. I really love the ipad but am finding this very frustrating. Thanking you in advance.....

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The standard mail client will work to access Hotmail

OP
S

segdef

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks - but I don't have a Hotmail account - I have my own domain name. The standard mail client offers Microsoft Exchange but I think this is way too old for the Windows Live Mail details.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
thewitt advice is correct, just add an account using the hotmail settings and enter your details. Hotmail is windows live mail now.

OP
S

segdef

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried to log in my details using the hotmail link but it only seems to ask three questions one of which is ,description,? This just doesnt correspond to the usual inputs for a pop mail account? Sorry to go on but can anyone help me further?

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try just using the "other" server type and you can define any POP or IMAP accounts.

Most reactions

Latest posts