What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will The ipad Be Outsold By Windows Tablet?

OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well, to be honest I think MS will be bankrupt 10 yrs or so... If they dont get their act together.. But then again dont underestimate MS, a perfect example is we all thought Apple was gonna be bankrupt in the 90's when Windows and the PC's were dominating..

companys have the ability to rediscover themselves, make one great unique feature in a product and everybody starts buying their stuff..
I think Apple made that unique product with the imac laptops around 2001? with the really widescreens on their laptops, not to mention the superior advantage in multimedia..

but if Apple keeps making great products at great priices than Apple will be on top for long time, but then again you got China and who knows what company will come out of there and make a knock off of the ipad for like 99 bucks..

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skep.gif

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think a Google Tablet running a version of Android 2.2 might be interesting. Until then I'll stick with my iPads......

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I think a Google Tablet running a version of Android 2.2 might be interesting. Until then I'll stick with my iPads......

As the owner of an Android phone, the Droid Incredible, I'll say that I still went with the iPad instead of waiting on an Android tablet due to the apps available. Yes, the Android system is still relatively new, comparably, but the quality of the apps on Apple eclipses the Android offerings. Android is getting better, but still very limited. I know I can do what I am looking for on the iPad right now without having to worry about waiting on future development. Some complain about the "heavy handed" approach Apple takes on allowing apps, but I honestly believe this is for the better. It helps keep the legitimacy of the hardware much higher.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Math said: Why on Earth are you even on this forum? Your posts have been nothing but incendiary and trying to mix up trouble since you got here. There is a word for that: troll.

---------

I'm not a troll loser, I asked a question you calling me A troll makes u look like a troll..

I don't knock apple, I have an iPad and love it, and even if windows came out with a tablet I will keep my iPad, even tho there are things I hate about apple, like it makes you install iTunes and u have to have a credit card to install iTunes, just so that will make it easier to buy apps and music, and movies thru iTunes..

I don't know of no other company that makes you input a credit card just so you can install the OS..and use ur product, even as greedy as MS IS, THEY NEVER make u input a credit card to use ur product..

Please get your facts straight ok one does Not need a credit card to gain access to itunes in any country in the world. Millions of users use prepaid itune cards

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
If there was a Windows Mobile tablet type device, I would give it a look. But, Apple has the OS and the infrastructure already in place. The app store, iOS and iTunes come together and make the iPad the success it is. Face it, if there were only about 40 apps available for the iPad it would not have sold 3 million already. It will take MS years to get such an infrastructure in place. IMHO WinMo in in present form is not the OS to use....

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Math said: Why on Earth are you even on this forum? Your posts have been nothing but incendiary and trying to mix up trouble since you got here. There is a word for that: troll.

---------

I'm not a troll loser, I asked a question you calling me A troll makes u look like a troll..

I don't knock apple, I have an iPad and love it, and even if windows came out with a tablet I will keep my iPad, even tho there are things I hate about apple, like it makes you install iTunes and u have to have a credit card to install iTunes, just so that will make it easier to buy apps and music, and movies thru iTunes..

I don't know of no other company that makes you input a credit card just so you can install the OS..and use ur product, even as greedy as MS IS, THEY NEVER make u input a credit card to use ur product..

Please get your facts straight ok one does Not need a credit card to gain access to itunes in any country in the world. Millions of users use prepaid itune cards

I do not have a credit card on my iTunes/Apple account. I use a debit card, which is for me like writing a check since I do not use paper checks.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Microsoft will not be dead for a long time. Adobe, on the other hand....... MS will go back to concentrating on what they do best, and then start taking more chances as they get back on track. It is business 101, if your competition is limited or non-existent, you tend to get complacent. Once that happens, other companies will start hacking away at your core customers. Look at the big three in autos back in 1970. They owned the US and much outside the US. They got complacent, and top heavy, allowed the unions to run roughshod over them. Then the Japanese companies moved in. First with a few small cars at a lower price, but when the oil embargo of 1973 hit, everyone wanted a small car. For the last thirty years, American manufacturers are struggling with the perception that Asian and European cars are better. It is not the truth, but it is the perception.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of the positives I see with a MS tablet, is that it will most likely connect to MS Media Center for streaming video and music off a home PC.

Most reactions

Latest posts