What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the iPad future proof ? Will it continue to reign supreme ?

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Imitation is the highest form of flattery. Even if the iPad appeal were to diminish in the market it will clearly leave it's mark.

Sent from my beloved iPad 2 using iPF...... All For One And One For All.

Attachments

• image-2136101391.png
    image-2136101391.png
    553 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think that if android wants to grow in the tablet division, they gotta make their tablets cheaper at around $350. I'm pretty sure that's how android got so popular in the phone division, (a good cheap alternative)

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In terms of shear numbers I think not. Like the Mac I think that it will be relegated to a worthy niche role, setting the standard as a user experience but not achieving a big market share.

Peterson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Somehow iPad is futureproof. But what you have bought(eg: iPad) seems to be old fashioned with the new comings of the iPad 2 etc.
We are not going to use all the technologies provided. Its depends on the user who gets satisfied with their iPad.
Now comes the iPad 2 which is thinner, lighter, faster and has got two cameras and a 10 hour battery. Think is this enough for the normal usage.
I think iPad 2 is stylish with more features and it can withstand some time in history.

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I’m too lazy to read some of the other posts, but I don’t believe that particular format would be successful. I do envision a convergence of cellular voice into future tablets but in a more intuitive way. Think of a button shaped Band-Aid behind the ear sort of thing’.

Last edited:
OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SaberOne said:
I’m too lazy to read some of the other posts, but I don’t believe that particular format would be successful. I do envision a convergence of cellular voice into future tablets but in a more intuitive way. Think of a button shaped Band-Aid behind the ear sort of thing’.

Interesting idea.

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My take is the consumer wins regardless. I'm excited for the future and hold no loyalty to anybody's platform. BTW, this is one reason I absolutely hate two year cell phone agreements too. Two years is an eternity is this rapidly changing field.

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jduncan said:
My take is the consumer wins regardless. I'm excited for the future and hold no loyalty to anybody's platform. BTW, this is one reason I absolutely hate two year cell phone agreements too. Two years is an eternity is this rapidly changing field.

Oh I do fully agree. I now simply buy the phone. My monthly bill has been reduced dramatically as a result. I currently use the HTC HD7 on the windows os, love it. Love iPad 2 the most though. Who knows what windows 8 will do to the tablet market. One thing is for sure, it will drive prices down across the board.

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I see that's one competitor down. HP have announced the end of web os. Who will fall next before the mighty iPad.

Sent from my beloved iPad 2 using iPF...... All For One And One For All ?

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 is cool said:
Well I see that's one competitor down. HP have announced the end of web os. Who will fall next before the mighty iPad.

Sent from my beloved iPad 2 using iPF...... All For One And One For All ?

Yeah, don't know what they were thinking. Need to stick with android instead of your own OS.

dj_in_cleveland

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Until other manufacturers figure out what people really like about the iPad, making something that "looks" like an iPad won't be successful. A very intuitive os with good apps is crucial.
It doesn't have to do everything, it just needs to do some things really well.

I think there is room for other competitors that can take advantage of any iPad shortcomings....like flash.....but I've think we've seen that ability to do flash alone wont make a tablet successful.

Last edited:

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mobile Flash is still very much a crippled version of Flash. It's not going to be a sales plus for very many customers....

The iPad is simply easy to use and feature rich, providing Apps for just about anything you want to do. Hard to beat it right now.

Windows 7 prototypes have not been very impressive so far. The app development environment and toolset is not particularly strong yet. We are not porting anything over yet...

-t

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mobile Flash is still very much a crippled version of Flash. It's not going to be a sales plus for very many customers....

The iPad is simply easy to use and feature rich, providing Apps for just about anything you want to do. Hard to beat it right now.

Windows 7 prototypes have not been very impressive so far. The app development environment and toolset is not particularly strong yet. We are not porting anything over yet...

-t

Agreed.

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mobile flash is better then no flash. Until the web does away with flash, this issue will continue to haunt us occasionally.

Most reactions

Latest posts