What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FYI: The inevitable Windows 7 tablet vs. iPad video

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That last one does look better! The ratio is still wrong, and it's way to big now, clearly being in laptop land. Still. it appears fairly thin, so that's nice. I guess none of these other tablets will have anything but plastic backs? I've been a windows guy until the Ipad, but always gave Apple kudos for using nice materials. I'd hate to be back in plastic land.

The Interface overlay is interesting, but Microsoft needs to build this into the OS, or better yet, offer a "Touch" version of 7, that's stripped down with a better touch GUI, but still able to run windoze apps. This solution reminds be of the old Windows 3.0 / Dos combo. Blah!

The ratio is wrong? Do you mean the 16x9 ratio of the screen which is perfect for playing video without giant black bars? Every tablet other than the iPad will have this ratio because its the standard HD ratio.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That last one does look better! The ratio is still wrong, and it's way to big now, clearly being in laptop land. Still. it appears fairly thin, so that's nice. I guess none of these other tablets will have anything but plastic backs? I've been a windows guy until the Ipad, but always gave Apple kudos for using nice materials. I'd hate to be back in plastic land.

The Interface overlay is interesting, but Microsoft needs to build this into the OS, or better yet, offer a "Touch" version of 7, that's stripped down with a better touch GUI, but still able to run windoze apps. This solution reminds be of the old Windows 3.0 / Dos combo. Blah!

The ratio is wrong? Do you mean the 16x9 ratio of the screen which is perfect for playing video without giant black bars? Every tablet other than the iPad will have this ratio because its the standard HD ratio.

Unfortunately 16:9 is only good for video...for a web page (the main use of the device) it is horrible....too short in landscape, too narrow in portrait.

Only works on a large screen.

Most reactions

Latest posts