What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why not delete?

Chizl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my iPad a lot, but time after time I get stuck in the same situation. Normally I can go into iTunes on my Mac or PC and delete things I don't want. However, I'm out of state for almost 2 weeks and my disk space is full. I cant figure out how to delete anything I've purchased from iTunes or the iPod app from my iPad. Is there something I can do?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Deleting apps is easy! Just hold your finger down on the app until it starts to wiggle then you will see an X in the corner of the icon. Press the X.

AFIK, there is no way to delete music from the iPad outside of iTunes.

OP
C

Chizl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanx but the movies and music is what I'm wanting to delete. Strange they did add it to the app within iPad.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
You can delete movies the same way but be warned that if it is movies or music purchased from apple, you cannot redownload music and movies for free. if the music or movies are only on the ipad and you delete them you would have to purchase them agian to get them on the PC or IPad.

OP
C

Chizl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's just wrong. I bought a movie from the iPad and it's corrupted, so it I delete it I can't redownload?

Your saying I can delete the same way, but I've tried everything and still unable to delete from within the iPad.

OP
C

Chizl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just figured out how to delete purchased movies. I've tried through iPod and iTunes from within the iPad. I never use the Videos application. When I hold the video down in that app, I then get the X to delete it.

Now I need to work out this issue about repurchasing a video I already paid for. Need to call support.

Thanx all.

Sass17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On a similar topic, how do you delete Podcasts when away from your home computer? I've tried as per the replies above but to no avail.

Sass17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried pressing the logo of the podcasts I wanted to remove for up to 30 secs but to no avail.

Any further assistance much appreciated.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You cannot delete podcast on your iPad. You can only delete them on iTunes.

Most reactions

Latest posts