What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Urgent help needed! Deleting/Re-Downloading iTunes

louisp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTunes will not update on our PC. Error states to contact IP. AT&T tells me to delete iTunes then download the latest version. One side note, my iTunes password is rejected on my iPad.

My question, will deleting and re-installing iTunes on our PC cause us to lose all existing apps and data on this iPad? Is there anything else I should be cautious about?

Thanks

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Re-installing iTunes will not magically fix your iTunes password on your iPad... That is verified direct with Apple servers. If it is telling you it is wrong, you are either typing it wrong or have forgotten it... You will probably need to get it reset.

Also, you do need to be very careful about removing iTunes. My advice would be to go to the Apple download page and just download and install the latest version. iTunes is quite good at upgrading itself. It is much safer to try this and see if it works than take the risk of completely removing it and then trying a fresh install at this stage in the process... If installing it does not make things better, then you can look into more drastic action.

Most reactions